Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to sell my car and buy a 94-95 5.0 302 and mod it. I am going have about 5-6 grand to drop on the engine. I was looking at Turbo Driven Concepts Stage 2 turbo kit and was wondering if anyone had direct expirence with this or any good info. I was also thinking about some twisted wedge heads and a E-303 cam. Should I go holley upper and lower intake or edelbrock. I was also wondering about the best suspension, but I won't have as much money for that. Thanks for any of your help.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Why not take your time and find one that someone has already spent some money on who is ready for a new toy?

You might find one with heads, cam and intake, and the ALL IMPORTANT forged pistons with a stronger bottom end.

I can tell you from experience that any turbo system will eat up any 302 that is not prepared for it. The kit you reference especially. 5-6 grand would be a start. Now a supercharger setup would be in that range, say a Vortech or ATI, plus the stock computer will be able to be programmed for it much more easily.
The 302 computers have no idea when a turbo asks for more fuel, but superchargers are linear to rpm and fuel is mappable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also leaning toward the supercharger but a turbo was just a lot of power i couldn't pass up. I was looking at the Vortech. I guess I could go heads, cam, intake and other Natural Aspirated stuff then drop the charger. Thx for the feed back.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i was looking at the 2x kit for the future and i would definitly not get the kit unless i had a good motor to bolt it to. you are going to want to get a good crank, rods, ets. you can't just throw it on a stock bottom end and expect that to live. i would go edelbrock, btw

·
Registered
383 Posts
Check the power adder forum. There´s alot of guys out there that are running less than 10 pounds of boost on a stock engine.

But since we all want more power, even after we hit what we thought would be enough :D, I´d suggest building the engine to withstand the constant abuse :D

You could contact some of those that sell complete turbokits like the one you mentioned or Cartech through Brad at www.nothingbutperformance.com ......

The basic kit will cost you around $ 3500 + all the extras ..... I´d say that you can do it for about 5 k, but if you´re like me, you then also want to upgrade suspension, transmission and brakes :D ....... then 6 k isn´t enough ........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts