Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info on replacing the boots on my Cobra calipers. I burned them up at a track event. I've found a few threads about sourcing parts, but I need more information on what's all involved with swapping out the boot. I have limited work area, so if it's an involved task I need to find another way to do this. Also, what's the risk of not running the boots? I assume they'll just burn up again when I replace them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've been running without boots since mine burned up last year. It seems like most rubber boots burn up at some point and most on track cars delete them anyway. If you are not driving on the road much definitely leave them off, it saves getting the meatball flag from a corner worker for smoke coming out of your brakes!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I burned out my boots at the first track event I went to and they are still fine. I think they (calipers) will just wear out faster from salt, dirt, etc.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I replaced my calipers with reman's. I noticed the dust boots, which I haven't seen now for a couple years, and giggled. I should have taken a picture of them, since they're long gone now. They make a nice light show on the way out! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts