Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a high end quality paint shop in Los Angeles, CA to paint my 88 Mustang Coupe drag car. Looking for a show quality silver paint work with jams done. Shops that do insurance claims I don't need. Car has no race motor in it.

Car will be inspected and need put up on a lift to inspect under fluorescent lights.

Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I know this is not in the city you are asking about. The two paint shops I would recommend are both gone. They left the state. If you are willing to go outside town a bit take a look at AutoCraft in Camarillo.

Jake

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Are you interested in shops located in Orange County?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have very nice work there.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Here's a couple more that I've collected for my car, I've personally seen the outstanding work these two have done.

Morales Classic Car
Rene Morales
562-307-4249

For The Chosen Few
Albert
562-441-2071

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Looking for a high end quality paint shop in Los Angeles, CA to paint my 88 Mustang Coupe drag car. Looking for a show quality silver paint work with jams done. Shops that do insurance claims I don't need. Car has no race motor in it.

Car will be inspected and need put up on a lift to inspect under fluorescent lights.

Thanks.
Did you find your painter?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No. not yet. I had my drag race car painted and the shop did a poor azz job. Paid $6500 for show quality paint job including jams and got chips in the paint, hood paint does not match the fenders, side mirrors and hood molding by wipers was put on before the paint dried completely, fender's paint was not mixed right causing paint irregularity, side moldings have to much tape underneath, divits in paint, etc. Shop would not correct anything above. Car was there for 2 years. They had painted my 2006 GTO driver side after a another car shop scratched an area by the door and they did an excellent paint job. Drag car is a roller and the shop had to push it around.

Called CA Bureau of automotive repair and filed a claim. Their guy came out and inspected my car's paint and he agreed it was unacceptable, just as a normal paint job, let alone show quality. He met with the shop's manager and he would not correct the paint defects. I have to file a lawsuit in small claims court and sue them. Then supobena the BAR guy and his report and get some other estimates before going to small claims court. The body shop manager is an idiot, he wants to exert his ego and he will find out the hard way about treating customers properly, especially this one.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
That suck. Good luck with your search, if you pick a shop in the next couple months I'd appreciate if you post back here.

Clint

1 - 13 of 13 Posts