Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive finally made up my mind to take the direct port kit off my car and pick up a single turbo setup for my car.

I'm looking at picking up a On3 kit in december or January. However I'm unsure of what setup I need.

I have a 95 gts without abs, I run a foxbody timing chain cover and I only run the waterpump and alt with a march bracket that mounts the alt on the upper passenger side area. I use a 94/95 throttle body setup w/ an edelbrock elbow/adapter to my fox style box upper.

Do I need to get the sn95 kit? or the fox kit? I plan to swap over to a fox TB in the near future to clean things up, but I'm not sure if the fox and sn95 kits are the same minus the inlet pipe to the TB.

·
Registered
873 Posts
get the sn-95 kit. trust me. the fitment will be like butter.

the fox kit is completely different from the sn kit. the whole hot side is different. you wont have that issue with running just the alt. but the down pipe is where you'll run into the biggest issue.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i run a fox body kit on my sn with zero issues, downpipe fits like a champ with plenty of room!! the abs was the only thing i had to remove.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i dont run a front sway bar. however i drive the car a lot. so as far as the sway bar goes i have no clue, and i dont see a reason why power steering and ac wouldnt work.

·
Registered
939 Posts
If it were me to do again i would look into B&G and quicktime also before you make your decision!And not at ON3 Just cause on3's kits are cheap in price dont let that decide for you!Go to turbomustangs.com and ask around on there first as well!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have had both a b&G and a quicktime kit, and i currently still have the b&g kit on another car. Yes b&g quality's is a bit higher, however, for the money, i would buy on3's kit over again in a heart beat. lol so much bashing on turbomustangs.com Again i have both kits currently and would def buy on3's kit again. I have had zero problems with my kit and it kit awsome, just as good as my b&g kit.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
No hey, tweaking someone else's kit makes it your own, right ? He was supposed to show pics of his "mock up " headers he said he made, but never did. Prove he didn't flat out lie, I'll stop poking and you won't have to run to his defense anymore.

·
Registered
873 Posts
No hey, tweaking someone else's kit makes it your own, right ? He was supposed to show pics of his "mock up " headers he said he made, but never did. Prove he didn't flat out lie, I'll stop poking and you won't have to run to his defense anymore.
why dont it? even tho that first kit, has been changed 4 times now. each time it gets better and better. he'll never post pics of his mock up headers. i sure as hell wouldnt. then any ass hole with a welder and a few $$$$ can send them off and start making kits right.or a large group of haters can just start bashing on what he has done. funny how all of you said he wouldnt last this long.weird huh... i guess some people will really start barking when they find on3 is starting into early mustangs kits now. hell just got done test fitting 65-66 cars

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I know he won't post them, they don't exist. You can't copy from a picture smart guy. "You guys?" Of course he'll last, there is always a demographic of people who want cheap no matter what. Early mustangs, ? Oh no, lol. Who gives a ####. I'll send him my jigs, he can have them. I quite building them a while back. Seriously doubt he'll hear any barking. Didn't your daddy already tell you to stop arguing with me anyways ? But, each year is a bit different, hope he's got that figured and accounted for. Good luck though. Space is tighter, and there is trouble in the new cars with all the space, he'll be without paddle in those car lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
I know he won't post them, they don't exist. You can't copy from a picture smart guy. "You guys?" Of course he'll last, there is always a demographic of people who want cheap no matter what. Early mustangs, ? Oh no, lol. Who gives a ####. I'll send him my jigs, he can have them. I quite building them a while back. Seriously doubt he'll hear any barking. Didn't your daddy already tell you to stop arguing with me anyways ? But, each year is a bit different, hope he's got that figured and accounted for. Good luck though. Space is tighter, and there is trouble in the new cars with all the space, he'll be without paddle in those car lol
hell i have pics of them, im sure not going to post them.but you go ahead and keep on thinking what you want, how ever you want, cause what ever you say goes right:rolleyes:. i love how you keep running your mouth about #### you know nothing about. didnt have to copy a pic. does your mom use cookie cutters to make cookies???

just like some of the upgrade kits for the newer cars coming out. headers where made for those. will pics of the rough drafts get posted... hell no. never. why would any one care to see them? oh so you can pick #### apart and find more reason to bash the kits. just say it.
dont need the jigs old man. why would he want a copy of a design that dont sell? lol and im very aware of the difference in years so claim down before you hurt yourself yet again.im sure you stopped building them. who the hell would turbo a early car unless it was , as you put it cheap ####. i prefer to use the words, "affordable solution". not many will buy a 4500 hot side. not many spend 11k to just get a system on the car, without all the supporting stuff. not when they can spend 1/2 that on a super charger kit like the old Shelby's did :rofl:

funny he has kits from 79-2010 and im sure 2011 coming in the next year(so what was that about newer cars?). as soon as lee drops his off for mock up..lol why dont you do this, stop running your mouth about stuff you no nothing of, and worry about getting your turbo kits selling first. before you go bashing on a paying vendor of this site. and just plain stop with this childish high school jealousy you have for chad. his kits sell, your's well dont. we get that.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Lol, you like putting words in peoples mouths I guess. The kits sold just fine,and still asked to make them. One was in a mag before his company even started.But they are a pain to make, and a very small niche market. So I'm finding something easier to make, and higher volume.The new turbo kit isn't much easier, but will make 1000rwhp+ as a base kit.He was asked in the first place to show them because the old timers instantly recognized it as a PTK kit. He was probably thrown off because he must have thought the guy he met at SEMA selling the kits actually made them himself. I keep running my mouth about what HE said he would produce, and never did. As soon as you take his nuts out of yours, you may be able to see that.

Your a fool and a liar as well. You don't have pics of dick. You must think people forget, or are stupid. These are your OWN words over at the turboforums. You can't even remember what you've said or lied about apparently.

gearhead559 said:
the 5.0 kits may have been copies...but hell how many copies of those are out there? tons

i know that all the mod motor stuff was mocked up on that same lift you see in the pics. so just because one kit was a copy, doesnt mean all of them are.
Here's the link. 8th post down
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132700.25

So you've admitted to it, because you know good and damn well they were copied, and he didn't make the 5.0 kits, but try to argue otherwise here. That's why he doesn't have, and never produced pictures of the headers being made. There's no jealousy. The rest of your rant doesn't make sense and is just plain hard to understand. Again I don't care what he sells, so don't paint an image that doesn't exist. I'm just "adding fuel to the fire" as he put it when making a pathetic attempt to knock a hellion part. I just calls it like I sees it. Now bashing would be bringing up the numerous cars and threads with complaints, or his kit rattling against the k-member, not fitting in various place, constant WG diaphragm problems, piss poor spooling rpms with a turbo everyone else can get to spool by 2500. But it takes his until 4k. We can take a look at T70's review, or Bwaite's thread using muffler wrap to get his kit to seal. But I try helping them instead, and say nothing of what they should have bought now do I ? Just like a thread or two down with the turbo hitting the alt and me trying to help. I see all the threads, here and on other websites, but don't say anything. But I point out blatant lies by you and him and it's bashing? Just because the truth hurts son, doesn't make it bashing.

Now, would you like to continue waxing intellectual about it ? I'm sure I can find the post with his and PTK's kit side by side. The one that shows that the type of connections are in the same location, the connection is the same distance from the flex, the flex is the same distance from the O2 sensor, AND at the same angle, the headers are identical, etc. Pretty crazy they look IDENTICAL when he made it all from scratch huh ?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Rob, you've been on twice now since I posted this with no response. And I saw you viewing the turbo section. So either your dad told you to stfu again, or you've decided to leave your foot in your mouth. 3rd is possibly scrambling to make a mock set of headers for the 5.0. At this point no one would believe pics. So are we done making a fool of you yet ?

·
4,305 Posts
speaking of turbo forum bashing.:rofl: considering the current kits are nothing like the ptk kits.but yet another poke with a stick uh.
PTK kit was originally a copy of the Axis Engineering kit and for some crappy reasons on the side of PTK. Then over the years PTK made changes/improvements, some for cost reasons I am sure and some because of user feedback I am sure. Yet no one, not even myself(even though I did do my fair share), went into every single PTK thread on here trying to bash them for a number of valid reasons.

I can list off a number of "popular" companies that started off with some rather shady work and practices yet were treated like saints by the online community. A number of them because they were copying something else and a number of them because of crummy work/design and learning at the expense of customers.

Bottom line is, most potential customers just don't care how something came about or half the time how something is today. They have their reasons for picking one thing over another, it is their decision to make and I really don't think we need to all get into huge arguments every single time someone is trying to make a decision.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
... it is their decision to make and I really don't think we need to all get into huge arguments every single time someone is trying to make a decision.
No your right. If he likes the quality or anyone else thinks this it will work for them, what ever. I've never picked on anyone for choosing his kit, and will continue to help people that go that route. The lying, and to potential customers is what bothers me. The "revised kit" still looks the same but with a turned connection here, and rotated O2 bung there, etc. Just felt the need to close that mouth of his for him. Carry on, I've had my fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts