Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a vortech on my 91 coupe and the car ran fine only problem i had then that i still have is having to hold it on the floor to get to fire off .now i sold the vortech and put a turbo kit together . So now the car has a blow thru maf and a 72mm turbo so heres the problem if the car is cold it will fire and run for a few mins at best then it starts a sound like air rushing around the throttle blade and it stalls then wont start unless i hold it on the floor and when it starts it wont stay running unless i hold my foot on the gas.i just changed the coolant temp sensor and the iac theres no vac leaks and im running 60lbs injectors with a p mas blow thru calib for the 60s and the stock tune i know a tune is going to help i just need to get it stay running so i can go over everything before it goes back to the dyno to get tuned for the turbo it wont run with the supercharger tune because of the different maf thanks alot for any info

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
it's going to be virtually impossible to get the engine to idle with the 60s without a tune. does the car have a chip in it now or what? do you have an adjustable fuel regulator? if so, you may be able to lower the fuel pressure to get it to idle somewhat.. but it's doubtful.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Not gonna work with a stock tune. That's using a certain pulsewidth thinking it's squirting with 19lb. injectors. Yours are over 3 times that size!! Imagine shotgunning a 12oz beer. Then imagine shotgunning a 6 pack. Maybe someone like Amazon Tuning could email you something if you have a chip. Go standalone, ditch the MAF, tune it yourself. That's a whole other story though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i been thinking just needed to hear from others i have a diablo chip with a non calibrated maf tune on it so it wont run with that plugged in i been looking at mega squirts but wont be able to buy that until tax return time but thanks alot ill start looking for someone burn me a start up tune on my chip

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
My car has 42's the tuner forgot to set the pluse width in my tune for start up....lol so when hot i have to press the gas pedal down for it to fire..Doesnt really bother me..other then that my car runs great...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had 62's in mine on stock tune with a pro m ...idled and revved like a champ..But it def would flood the car out..if you started it, and turned it off, you couldnt start it again for better half of an hour even w pedal to the floor.. had fuel pressure down to 22 psi. They are for sale btw :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
get a tune before you wash down your cylinders with all that extra fuel. and change your oil too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts