Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time i start my car it squeals like a F'ing pig!!!! :mad: I thought it was my belt, so i had that changed, but it still squeals like hell! Anybody know what this could be or anyone else experience this?

thanks

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much is all the this?? could i do this myself, or should i just let the ford service people do it?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
changing the part is easy. you can also just take the thing off along with the idler pulley and knock the bearings out take them to the local auto parts store and tell them you want new bearings. They will put 2 of them on the counter and you will hand over about $14 then reinstall the bearings and have fun till they go out again.

Good luck, Dwayne

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had this problem also. It was from my aftermarket pullies (FMS). I was told that the finish on them was causing the noise. My local Ford dealer ended up putting some petroelium jelly type stuff on the belt. The squealing went away. Napa has this, its called Sil-Glide. I don't know if this would help you at all, cause I didn't see any pullies in your sig. Good Luck....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts