Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the mustang yesterday...after talking to people who know more than me about mustangs and a post on the corral it seems that the clutch quadrant? is the likely problem...I can shift the car now,although it is very notchy..when "it" first happened the clutch pedal dropped to the floor and I couldn't select any gears...After a minute or two I could get into gear..As soon as I put the car in gear(after starting it) you can hear the clutch rubbing, like it is not being fully disengaged...I took it to the shop(alan vigil ford) last night...I called this morning and the "sevice advisor" wants me to give permission for 3hours labor to tear the car down? And on top of that he doesn't know what a clutch quadrant is??? Help

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Sounds about right...but I would suggest you go get it out of the shop at Alen Vigil and get it up to Garry's shop in Newnan. He used to work for Gene Evans and knows his stuff. He wont screw you on the labor....he does all the work for my buddies Lightning and used to do all the work on his 95 GT.

I will be taking my 98 Cobra to him when I need something like that done.

Let me know and I will get his number for you...pm me or email...[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts