Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my car together and running great but before I take it to get tuned I'd like to know if my fuel supply will be good enough. Its a dart 363 9.4cr, fully forged afr 165 58cc heads trick flow track heat intake. Has an on3 turbo kit on the car with their 7875. Right now it only has 47lb injectors and a 255 pump....the car was tuned that way previously with a 302 and 70mm turbo.and yes I know my heads are small for the set up but I already had them...im wondering if a 340 fuel pump and 80lbers will be ok or do I need aftermarket fuel lines and more fuel pump? I don't have any dyno goals just looking to make the most out of what I already have. Forgot to mention I'd like to run around 15psi or so with the 7875 turbo. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Big cubes, big turbo, you need a major fuel system upgrade. Injectors, rails, lines, pump.........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping I could get away with the stock fuel rails. I've read mixed reviews on that and wasn't sure.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I'd want more pump just to make sure it's covered. You'll always want to start adding boost so might as well have the fuel system covered the first time. Get a ON3 fuel hat and two of their 340's then call it good.

ks

·
Registered
486 Posts
Need a bigger pump, larger lines and more injector. ditch factory fuel rails and go aftermarket there too. Why did you spend all that money on a 363 only to use those heads. Pump should support at least 1000HP and fuel lines to match. your already half way there just finish it, and only buy once.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the help. If I knew I was going to go to a 363 at the time I bought the heads I never would have bought them but plans changed. I want to swap them out down the road for sure but right now they are staying on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts