Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got on my car the other day to test out my new 30lb injectors. Took it through all the gears, got to the end of the road, turned around, and started to get on it again. Got up to second and heard a ticking/knocking that sounded like it was coming from the top of my motor. I let off immediately. Oil pressure stays fine, the car doesnt smoke..that I've noticed. It only ticks/knocks under load. The number 6 sparkplug was completely black. The rest of the plugs looked like the car may have been running rich...brown.
Did a compression test. All cylinders were between 160-170 with the exception of 6 and 7...which had no compression at all!! Now what should I do?? I havent noticed the car overheating or any signs of a blown head gasket. I may try a compression check again tomorrow to be sure. Any ideas?..please let me know!!:mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
bent valves would be my guess, id get other opinions before you tear it down

when his ran, you could hear it huffing and puffing and at any rpm those two cylinders were dead, i dont know of any other reason that it would kill the compression to 0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts