·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my current set up.
Qa1 K-Member with Qa1 A-arms
Steeda coilover fronts w/ 175# springs
Lakewood 90/10 struts

I just finished mini tubing the car and its nice in low in the back. I have the front coilovers cranked all the way and the car hardly lowered. How can I slam the front end down to almost tucking. The way its set up there is no way the front end will stay down:confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Shorter or softer springs.

Shorter
If the springs are 14" tall, try a pair of 12". You can raise the coil over perches 1 inch and the car will be lowered on inch. Just make sure you don't change rates.

Softer
The springs are 175# and there are two. If you have a nose weight of 1750 lbs, then you will get 10 inches of total travel, or five inches on each. If you got to 125# springs, you will get 14" of travel, or 7" each. Raise you coil overs 1 inch, and you will be 1" lower.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Just use a lighter spring on the front something around a 14"/130. If the 175s are not lowering the car enough a 150 may not be soft enough either so try a 14"/130.

ks

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Tell us more about the car. Street or Race, Motor, Tranny, tires, ET's, etc.

For the most part unless you are running slicks and running in the 9's or faster you won't want anything shorter than a 14" spring b/c you will lose front end lift which will kill weight transfer. Just play with spring rates not lengths.

KS

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1989 stock block bored .30 over
stock crank and rods
weisco flat top pistons
canfield 54cc heads, 2.02 1.60
FMS x cam
custom roller rockers
holley systemax intake
70mm tb
Pro-m 80mm mass air
24lb injectors
Nitrous works 150 shot

pa super comp w/ transbrake
reverse manual valvebody
sfi bellhousing/flex plate
PTC 3500 stall converter
cheata shifter

running mickey thompson et streets best time to date prior to the slicks and mini tubing was a 10.78 but alot of weight has been taken out of the car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the Rcaecraft drop spindles on my car and I would highly suggest them. $500 is not much compared to what it probably took to minitubb your car.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had the same issue with my coupe. It weighs 2800lbs and after several tries the 14-130 QA1 springs are perfect.

·
Registered
403 Posts
EVIL1 THAT IS A NICE FREAKING CAR. GOOD JOB WITH IT. IT LOOKS LIKE A SHOW CAR, BUT DOES IT GO TOO???? LOL
Thanks.

I haven't had it to the track yet but it doesn't feel very fast,,, of coarse I'm comparing it to my 10 second cobra. I still need to get the bottle filled, that should help it out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts