Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my BBK Longtube Headers in today and was inspecting them. When I looked at the driver-side header 2nd exhaust tube from the front, there is a huge gash right after the bend. It doesnt look normal to me, and I'm going to have pics up in the next 30 mins. or so, but is this normal or sould I be concerned. Thanks

-Phil

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Is it a gash or a hole, if it doesnt look like its gonna cause a leak dont worry.. If it does, send it back..DA Snake Boy!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'll, doesn't it defeat the purpose of having headers if the exit tube is 1/2 the size its supposed to be? I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal or not, so I can take the correct course of action.

here's the link:

http://www.kobeatch.com/headers/

·
Registered
733 Posts
Pretty ain't it? I've read a number of threads on this, and I think I recall reading that the dent in the header tube is made on purpose, to accomodate the steering column or something like that. Will it affect performance, who knows and what can you do about it? Get an undented tube and only drive straight?

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Wow that looks aweful .. :( Perhaps it's there on purpose? I dunno but that doesn't look good at all..... but then again, who's really gonna get under there and look? I'd be more concerned on how it affects performance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are the BBK LT's and somebody's bound to know if that looks normal or not. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts