Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help ASAP. I'm replacing my rear rotors and pads and I cannot for the life of me get the frigen rear caliper back onto the bracket. How do I do this??? I've spent over 2 hours trying to get the caliper back on and I can't. If I put the caliper back together then the e brake cable is in the way and I can't get the bolt on and if I put the lower part of the caliper on I can't get the rest of it on. How do I do this??????

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sounds like your gonna have to compress the piston a little more, also make sure the center niblet on the back of the inner brake pad engages with the dimple on the piston before you bolt it up to the bracket...DA Snake Boy!!!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I tell ya, its probably not the piston. If the piston is even with the boot then its far enough. U just have to push on it. I laid under that side, held the caliper on the assembly and try to get one of the two bolts on there. once thats done the other one should be lined up. just tighten away. btw, if u haven't removed the ebrake line from the holder under the spring, do that to give u more mobility with the caliper

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well when I finished with this post I went back outside and just put all my strength behind it and pushed on the caliper. It was hard to get everything to line up but I finally managed. The passenger side was much easier cause I figured a way to get the other side on.

One other thing. I used a one man brake bleeding pump and when I did the passenger side at first a bunch of fluid came out. I tried to do it again and hardly anything came out. Is this normal or should I try to rebleed that brake?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
317 Posts
Perhaps you're trying to put GT pads into a Cobra setup. The Cobra pads are slimmer to accept the vented rotor.... some auto parts stores sell the same part for both, but then this is what happens.

Dave

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought Hawk Brake pads from Tire rack. The pads looked exactly the same as the ones I took off. The trouble I had was the spring on the top of the bad. I had trouble compressing it to fit the caliper. I got it on and it seems to be working fine but time will tell..

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts