Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my turbo kit on my 95 cobra for most of the summer and for the most part have had just minor issues. Well last week i blew 3rd out of my t5 so i replaced it with a 3550. Long story short the speedos were slightly different and i ran out of gas ( I trusted the odometer over the fuel gauge stupid mistake) But anyway since i ran out of gas the car has been running stupid rich like 10.0-11.0 at idle and the driveability has went to crap. I pulled the plugs and 3,4,5 and 8 were wet and the rest were clean. I replaced the o2 sensors and the plugs and its still doing the same thing. I also hooked my scanner and some goofy stuff was going on there too. The car stays in open loop and its throwing a trans temp out of range code 636.

Sorry this was so long. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:
Figured Id answer my own question so maybe it could benefit someone in the future. Bought a set of ford racing 42lb injectors and swapped them for the on3 ones i have had since I put the turbo on. The car now starts, idles, and cruises like a stock machine. Apparently I had some injectors issues from the very beginning and running it out of gas just worsened the problem.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Update:
Figured Id answer my own question so maybe it could benefit someone in the future. Bought a set of ford racing 42lb injectors and swapped them for the on3 ones i have had since I put the turbo on. The car now starts, idles, and cruises like a stock machine. Apparently I had some injectors issues from the very beginning and running it out of gas just worsened the problem.
I've heard of a lot of problems from the knock-off injectors, most of their other parts seem decent for the money, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts