Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for good adjustable UCA's and good normal LCA's!!! Anybody have any suggestions for brands???

I was told MAC was good but there UCA's don't appear to be adjustable and I want them to be so I can adjust the pinion angle!! HPM sells adjustable UCA's but I think they want like $260 or something!! :rolleyes:

Can you guys help me find some good ones to use, this IS my daily driver but is getting geared more and more towards a drag car!! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
These are what I use

HPM Mega-bite Sr UCA
HPM Mega-bite Jr LCA

Those helped me get my turd into the 13's. :joy:

·
Registered
474 Posts
zak97cobra said:
I have the UPR double adjustable uppers and non adjustable lowers. I like them.
Ill be getting both installed in the next 2 weeks...You cant beat the price!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zak97cobra said:
I have the UPR double adjustable uppers and non adjustable lowers. I like them.
I found the UPR adjustable UCA's on there site - they wanted $189.95 which isn't bad!! However, I can't find their LCA's??? Where did you guys buy these?? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I bought them right from UPR, give them a call and I'm sure they will hook you up. I've found that sometimes the website doesn't have all the information on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maximum Motorsports for adjustable LCA's.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Look in the classifides. There are a couple of sets of Steeda Alm. control arms very cheep. Steeda is the brand I would use.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
HPM Megabite Jr lowers, HPM double adjustable uppers. Put them in with the live axle. I've never run the live axle with the stock arms so I don't know how good they are. All I know is that I got a 1.63 sec 60' first time out with the new setup on the same surface I struggled to get a 1.9 on with the IRS.

I got mine from MustangMichael. Good price, good service.

Joe Lynch

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joe Lynch said:
HPM Megabite Jr lowers, HPM double adjustable uppers. Put them in with the live axle. I've never run the live axle with the stock arms so I don't know how good they are. All I know is that I got a 1.63 sec 60' first time out with the new setup on the same surface I struggled to get a 1.9 on with the IRS.

Joe Lynch
OK Joe, I basically want your setup because HPM seems to be one of the best and I REALLY want those QA1 shocks!!

Where is this MustangMichael?? Phone number?? Website??? What prices?? I just called HPM and they want $518 for both the lower and double adjustable uppers BEFORE shipping!! Is his prices much better??

The best price I have found for the QA1 shocks is $140 . . know anywhere better??

Thanks a lot Joe and let me know.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Joe Lynch said:

Joe Lynch
That's the same exact setup that I am currently running. I am just curious as to whether or not I could gain anything having my pinion angle adjusted. I still get some vibes above the 80+ mph range.

·
Registered
668 Posts
BlackDemonGT said:

OK Joe, I basically want your setup because HPM seems to be one of the best and I REALLY want those QA1 shocks!!

Where is this MustangMichael?? Phone number?? Website??? What prices?? I just called HPM and they want $518 for both the lower and double adjustable uppers BEFORE shipping!! Is his prices much better??

The best price I have found for the QA1 shocks is $140 . . know anywhere better??

Thanks a lot Joe and let me know.

Sheesh, Just get the UPR stuff. Same performance and a lot cheaper. UPR solid lowers and double adjustable uppers are like $360ish. Not sure on exact prices. You'll have to call and ask. If you have any doubt that UPR stuff works. Look at Bill Putnam's car. http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75720

Or look at UPRs cars. Their red '95 Gt runs 8.60s on BFG Drag Radials and 8.2xs on ET Drags. (Talking 1/4 mile of course :)). All using the factory stlye layout and their parts. Also Bart Tobner's Street Renegade car uses the same setups their '95 Gt does. And runs in the 8s in Renegade trim. (Yes both of those cars use the full rear setup, adjustable lcas, adjustable ucas, and sway bar etc. But this gives you an idea on how well UPRs parts work).

Tony Whetstone

·
Registered
365 Posts
i do not want to seem rude, i am a contruction worker, not a english major, anyway i can tell you what i think of non adjustable uppers, i have a set of frpp uppers sitting in my JUNK pile. i chased vibes for ever, ripped apart every thing on my car at least twice over. never suspected it was caused by lower control arms which curred wheel hop but........etc. bobn

1 - 19 of 19 Posts