Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, with 4 cyl. springs, 90/10 shocks and deleted swaybar up front. Stock springs with air bag in right side , 50/50 shocks and after market control arms, stock swaybar for the rear the car when 1.54, launching at 5500 rpm.The upper arms are non-ajustable style.

How can i improve my 60 feet ?

Does ajustable upper arms can help me by seting the pinion angle ?

How about an antiroll bar and which one ?

Maybe something else ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Check out these for the anti-roll bar and uppers. Both come highly recommened.

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/

http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/index.html

My set up is tube k-member and arms, strange dbl. adj. struts, coil overs. Baseline uppers and lowers, strange dbl. adj. shocks. No anti-roll bar yet, this car hasnt seen the track yet. Most people have the same or close to what im using.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Take some weight out of the car, that should help your 60' foot.

·
Registered
580 Posts
dosnt sound like it spins a whole lot, maby a slight bog after the spinning. try a few more psi in slicks to elliminate the bog and see what happens. Sometimes a dead hook can hurt the sixty via a a bog but a lil tire spin keeps the motor in its power band.

·
Registered
988 Posts
90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks. These are generic as a cylinder head company that says there heads are 225cc and flow xxx cfm. It is bull#### and generic and used to sell to a large crowd. Strange sells a decient adj. shock and strut if you are on a budget.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Right, but you want decrease your 60ft time. You have a spool in the car? Car is a stick?

Cobra diff with the carbon clutches and G-force T5 launching at 5500. I wanna keep the car as streetable as possible..

90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks. These are generic as a cylinder head company that says there heads are 225cc and flow xxx cfm. It is bull#### and generic and used to sell to a large crowd. Strange sells a decient adj. shock and strut if you are on a budget.
I've installed 90/10 and 50/50 this summer...:crying:

·
Registered
659 Posts
hijacking...

For the rear spring setup on a drag car, do you guys recommend the 4cyl. springs, V8 springs or a set of Moroso or Eibach rear springs?

I'm installing TeamZ lowers, Strange shocks, I have a wolfe anti-roll bar already in and the UPR UCA. I am replacing the UCA with the Team Z piece when I sell some of the crap laying around.

I just need to figure out the rear spring.

Thanks and sorry for hijacking, but this along the same topic and hopefully it will help someone.

David

1 - 19 of 19 Posts