Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I've been battling this problem for awhile now and haven't had any luck at all, I'm going to run you through my set up first and go from there

My Car: 1999 Mustang GT
Mods: Vortech V1 T-Trim, 3.33 Pulley, BBK 78MM Throttle Body, 42# Injectors, SCT BA2600, CXRacing intercooler w/piping, Heads are ported and polished, BBK 300 LPH Fuel Pump, vortech maxflow fuel pump booster, With a custom tune by Travis Lane @ Carolina Chasis,.

History: So when I first got the supercharger on I got sent a email tune to get it to the shop where it was professionally tuned at and it didn't make any boost at all. Come to find out it he said was due to my under-drive pulleys (didn't realize at first it'd spin the pulley slower) and after I put them on I should be good. So I put my stock pulleys back on and finally got some boost, when I say some I mean only about 5, thats when we put the boost a pump on because the fuel pressure was dropping and thought that was the cause. It fixed my fuel problem, but my boost was still low. He thought it could be the intercooler, so to test it a put a straight pipe where the intercooler was and still had the same problem. So at this point he says it could be my MAF (which I can possibly see, since its meant more for a draw through setup, but I know plenty of people running this set up.) Or he says my valves could be lifting? I'm just a college student trying to get past 400 wrhp, but its become a damn money pit lol. If anyone has experienced this problem or could throw me in the right direction I would highly appreciate it!

P.S - Have crossed out belt slippage, boost leak, and have ran without filter on turbine.

Thanks Guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Don't get hung up on boost; flow is what's important.
Boost is only a function of how fast you spin the blower.

You probably need a smaller blower pulley or a larger crank pulley.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Boost is a measure of restriction.Like Blown88GT said,dont get hung up on the number.See what the car makes,and go from there.The dyno can also show mechanical problems,so could help in that way also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts