Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll keep this as short as I can. Changing motors in my car and looking for another supercharger and looking for suggestions.

Car is a full weight 93 coupe with AC, PS, etc. I had actually picked up a 302 with twisted wedge heads I was going to use and then came across a deal I couldn’t pass up!

Ford M-6010-R302 block 4.030
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs
Eagle 331 forged crank and rods
Ross pistons
ATI Super Damper
Canton #oil pan/pickup
Cam Motion Cam
Canfield 192 heads 65cc
Crane 1.6 gold rockers
TFS-R intake and 1” Spacer
MSD billet distributor
Taylor 409 Spiro-pro wires
Anderson Ceramic big tube shorty headers
Billet fuel rails
Accufab 75mm TB/Space

Car it came out of was a Fox with a Vortech V1 S-trim

Cam specs:

Cam Motion X2221-2261-14
intake duration = 225 @.050
intake lobe lift# = 348 (.558 w/1.6)
exhaust duration = 231 @.050
exhaust lobe lift# = 328 (.525 w/1.6)
114 lobe separation
110 intake centerline

This car will be driven A LOT on the street with occasional trips to the drag strip so I want it to remain streetable. Not looking to break records, but you know we always want more! Lol

Car has lots of MM suspension, Tremec 3550, built 8.8 w/3.73’s, Cobra brakes, 03 Cobra tank w/twin pumps, and Holley EFI. Leaning towards a Novi2000 or S-trim but really just wanting some opinions from this group! I’ve always found lots of good info here!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would take a Novi 2000 over an s trim. Its capable of a little more power. I think a v2 si is rated around 1150 cfm and the novi 2000 is around 1400.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would take a Novi 2000 over an s trim. Its capable of a little more power. I think a v2 si is rated around 1150 cfm and the novi 2000 is around 1400.

I would definitely prefer the Novi2000, they are getting hard to find though!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ive seen several pop up on fb groups. Not worth ditching my v2 si for though. When i upgrade that, it will be turbo time

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive seen several pop up on fb groups. Not worth ditching my v2 si for though. When i upgrade that, it will be turbo time

There are a few but I can’t ever get anybody to respond lol. I know the turbos are great, I just want another 5-sod/blower car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked up a T-trim on the forum. Those can be upgraded to the Ti Trim which is 1400 cfm as well. I have a similar combination to yours. It's all you'll need for the street maxing out the blower.

Mine is a V2 as well and whisper quiet

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Procharger all the way. They have many to choose from. All with an intercooler. You can choose faster boost curve in the f series.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Procharger all the way. They have many to choose from. All with an intercooler. You can choose faster boost curve in the f series.
Any recomendations on which one? I’ve always been a Vortech guy and don’t even know where to start on Procharger. Like I mentioned above it’s a street car that will be driven a lot and AC is a must have! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Depends on what power level you want to achieve. Also where you want the supercharger to perform. Come in strong down low or run out the top end. The P1 series is entry level and preforms well on lower boost. The d1 series is one level up and will make close to a 1000hp on the right setup. The F1 series will make that and more. I use an F1A.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I guess you'll need to decide how much power you want. I prefer the Vortech but those kits seems to be easier to find used.

Procharger is definitely a great blower as well. Guys like Michael Plummer are pushing 800+ whp from the D1 procharger.

I'm running a Ti trim and should be north of 700 whp on a 347 with a mild cam and not an ideal intake that fits under a stock SN95 hood.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
scoop up tha YSI, good versatile blower. I run a ProCharger A/A intercooled F1C myself on a street/strip car. Makes 700rwhp+ on a 358. I don’t think a blower makes a car streetable or unstreetable. It’s more the engine combo. My F1C is a “race” blower....drives just fine around town. A blower has no clue weather it’s on a track or street.
Now, I am not saying that one is or isn’t better for a street or race application. I understand about blowers and how to use them efficiently based on engine specs and all. I get all that. Just a thought..

·
Registered
313 Posts
I run a Procharger D1 in my little 306.
It's just a toy, nothing serious. Never had any issues related to the blower itself, but plenty due to my idiocracy.
It's really fun! And it's loud as hell, especially with an air vented BOV (Tial for me).

Only problem is that I can't do anything under the hood with the engine running without wearing ear protection.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
408somethingorotheruername has a ysi for sale on here. Will make power on your combo. Still very street.
scoop up tha YSI, good versatile blower. I run a ProCharger A/A intercooled F1C myself on a street/strip car. Makes 700rwhp+ on a 358. I don’t think a blower makes a car streetable or unstreetable. It’s more the engine combo. My F1C is a “race” blower....drives just fine around town. A blower has no clue weather it’s on a track or street.
Now, I am not saying that one is or isn’t better for a street or race application. I understand about blowers and how to use them efficiently based on engine specs and all. I get all that. Just a thought..
The one he has for sale is a no AC setup, so thats a no go for me. My car is driven too much, in the Texas heat, to not have AC!! lol

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I’d go with a passenger side T-Trim with a renegade bracket. Or even a S-Trim. Add a water-methanol injeyaystem as well.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
aren't those prochargers belt shredders? I was researching them, and saw some races lost because of it

·
Registered
313 Posts
aren't those prochargers belt shredders? I was researching them, and saw some races lost because of it
My D1 has never shredded a belt.
Changed the belt once in 5 years? due to age and tension. I park the car 6 months a year during the winter and leave the belt on with tension.
So I changed it after 4 years of constant tension because it was slipping.

Running around 12ish psi.

It's more of an alignment issue than supercharger issue.

·
Registered
665 Posts
S, YS or Procharger. A T trim will be soft down low on the street. I have no idea if E85 is available in Beaumont but it is everywhere here in Dallas so I would run it on that for all that summer driving with the AC on if it is available.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
S, YS or Procharger. A T trim will be soft down low on the street. I have no idea if E85 is available in Beaumont but it is everywhere here in Dallas so I would run it on that for all that summer driving with the AC on if it is available.
We have several of the biggest refineries in the country, Motiva, Exxon Mobil, etc, and not a single station in Beaumont that sells E85! We have to drive a couple of towns over to get it, and there’s no telling what you’ll get. I don’t want to be held back by E85 because I drive the car a lot! Not looking to break any records or make huge numbers. Just want a solid street car that’s fun at the track when I take it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts