Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting a new radiator. Need to fix some excessive oil temps. My setup - 2000 GT with vortech supercharger and aftercooler. Putting down 380 rwhp. Car is street car that is also used for open track and AutoXing. Possible Solo I future.

Steeda makes a nice direct replacement radiator. But what about the other rad companies...Be Cool...Fluidyne...Griffin...etc. Anyone have good success installing these? Any down sides? I am looking mainly at fit with the vortech.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have heard from numerous people that the Steeda radiator is no good. On the other hand, the Fluidyne is recommened highly and I have never heard of anyone having problems with it. Also installation of the fluidyne is very , very simple. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like the the Fuidyne also that is the one I would go with. Steeda's is made by C&R.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Very pleased w/the Fit, Quality and cooling of my Steeda Radiator. I'm not making as much HP as you, but no complaints w/the Steeda (C&R) unit on my Cobra.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed a Fluidyne radiator into my Honda Civic (after the stock one blew), and it was *very* well made. High quality piece, and it fit right into the stock location.

I know you don't want a Civic radiator, but if the fit & finish of that radiator says anything about Fluidyne, they make top-quality stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a griffin in my 95 gts and it is very nive, but i also have a fluidyne in my 92 and i think i like it a little more and it was like $50 less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts