Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to have a stock rear upper control arm laying around that they could get me the center to center length (center of one bolt hole to the center of the other one)? I removed my adjustable uppers a few weeks ago while I was doing some work on the rear end disassembled them to clean and lube them and forgot to write down the lengths before doing so. I'm hoping someone has a stock one sitting around to get the stock measurement from. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
If you have adjustable upper control arms then just install them and use them to adjust pinion angle. The stock length may not be what your after. I usually install one and adjust the pinion angle then adjust the other side so the bolt slides in easily.

Some people use the upper controls arms to center the rear end and to add a little preload but I don't do that. I used my lowers to center the rear end and the uppers to simpl adjust pinion angle. I don't like adding preload in with the uppers.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
99% sure its 7.25" but ill try and remember to measure them tonight

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone measured it for me and they got 9 1/4". I'll go with that and then check the pinion angle and go from there.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Someone measured it for me and they got 9 1/4". I'll go with that and then check the pinion angle and go from there.

yea that actually sounds right now that i hear it. ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts