Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drag racers

Im looking for a clutch switch to activate my 2-step. What switches work good out there.

This will be activated only when clutch is pushed all the way in against my clutch stop. Wont be activated when blipping the clutch during powershifting.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
tbirdz12

·
Registered
137 Posts
Look into using the neutral safety switch that is already on the car (if the car has one). There are many diagrams out there to make that work. If not you can grab any WOT switch (same as nitrous activation) and rig that up.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look into using the neutral safety switch that is already on the car (if the car has one). There are many diagrams out there to make that work. If not you can grab any WOT switch (same as nitrous activation) and rig that up.
I like that idear!! Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I like that idear!! Thanks
So the Neutral safety idea wont work because mine is activated only when key is in Start position, not Run position. Going to do the clutch activated method now.

Reactions: JPX

·
Registered
540 Posts
I just wired mine in to my line-loc- easy and it works great....if you do not have line -loc with a clutch set up, your going to need one anyways.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wired mine in to my line-loc- easy and it works great....if you do not have line -loc with a clutch set up, your going to need one anyways.
Yes i have a line lock already but installed a clutch switch this weekend. thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Many have done this. This is what I did when I was running a 5 speed. Just run a search on the topic.

·
Registered
302 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts