Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be putting a on3performance turbo kit on my 5.0 i was wondering if i should save money and get a narrowband or just get a wideband. i will not be tunning the car so i wouldent see any point on getting a wideband. thank you in advance for any help

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Narrowband is just an impersonation of a gauge with random blinking lights, sort of like a christmas tree. Wideband is a real gauge that you use if you need to know your a/f ratio

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
wideband is a must
dont be one of the people that blows a headgasket or worse only to find out the car went lean, when watching the wideband could have saved it

·
Registered
84 Posts
i will not be tunning the car so i wouldent see any point on getting a wideband.
Answered your own question pretty good right there. As long as the "tunner" has one when you get it set up and you don't mess around with boost pressure afterward you will be fine.

wideband is a must
dont be one of the people that blows a headgasket or worse only to find out the car went lean, when watching the wideband could have saved it
Find a different tuner if you have to watch a gauge instead of the road.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Idk about any of you guys but when I am Wot you won't catch me looking down at #### until I lift....

eyes on the road and if not there on any ass that's walking on the sidewalk...
after all I am an alpha male its in my nature to spread the seed...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
no im not looking at my wideband every time i get into boost, especially not while racing. But the wideband is a good tool to check every once in awhile and make sure things are still in check, and just for some peace of mind at least

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
If your buying something, get a wideband it's good data to know.
I like to keep an eye on my investment.

·
Registered
329 Posts
all the money you spend on your car don't cheap out and buy a narrowband.. it isn't showing you anything... even if you get it tuned things can change, you want to see it before it's to late...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i know somebody that has wideband o2 sensors i just need to find a guage if i got a narrowband guage and used wideband sensors would it be basicly a wideband guage???

·
Registered
691 Posts
well i know somebody that has wideband o2 sensors i just need to find a guage if i got a narrowband guage and used wideband sensors would it be basicly a wideband guage???
It's not going to work like that. The gauge needs a controller that can read the data from a wideband O2. There are people that make their own gauges tho, pretty simple. There is a write up about it on TTF.

The narrow band is useless, and can pretty much only detect perfect stoich. Any thing else is just a light show.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts