Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its pretty much done now, these pics a week old. i was surprised at how well the kit fit.I wouldn't ever recommend buying from QT, was mine worth the wait? personally no because i could have it built for less and quicker.if newt was honest and shipped kits complete and one time i'd recommend him 100%.the bumper fits with zero modifications, and no cutting to any part of the car. i dont have power steering or a/c or much else so im sure it made things alot easier. ill post better pictures tomorrow of the finished install.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice build. Where did you get that idler pulley you have mounted on the alternator bracket?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its from march, its part of their electric water pump kit that includes the crank pulley and alternator bracket and the idler. on the regular alternator kit they have the same bracket with the threads for the idler but doesn't come with one, but im sure you can buy it separate from march if you already have the alternator kit.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks. I tried to come up with a way of mounting the tensioner, but couldn't think of one. This looks like it would help get a little better belt wrap. My alt is mounted upside down, but it should still work.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Nice build, very clean install - love the engine bay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dr. Grip,

Nice install. The car itself also looks nice and clean. I hope our 351W kit from Bernard fits as nice. Good luck and keep the pic's coming.

Steve O.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I see you have the wastgate vented back in the exhaust, very nice. Does it hang down?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its hard to see from that angle but it sits above the lowest point of the k member, same with the exhaust, it sits higher than the subframe connectors.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Man, you got to post some video's. Think you will run into boost creep?

·
Registered
889 Posts
sick!

love the rear suspension setup, oh and what wheels are those?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Man, you got to post some video's. Think you will run into boost creep?
He should have absolutely no issue with boost creep. If the gate flows sufficient the pipe is as big and or bigger(which it should especially with a 306) and he ran it a good deal down the line which is ideal, and into a an exhaust that should flow well enough. Very nice setup not sure I would have ran it that far back but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do and I'd much rather run it back in than run it vta unless its a full race setup.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
had an odd issue on the dyno, the wg is a large yellow spring which is about 8 psi, put my turbosmart manual controller in but set to the lowest setting, the boost hit 15psi under 3500 rpm, took the controller out, same thing, so took the large yellow spring out and put in the small green which is 5.8 psi and the car makes about 11-12 psi , which is exactly what i want. i dont know much about turbos/wastegates other than basic theory, why would this happen?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Simple.........The wastegate can't vent enough exhaust gases at the desired spring pressure(to hold boost) therefore you both need the gate to open sooner(at a lower spring pressure) in order to help keep boost under control.

The only way to solve this issue it to either install another wastegate or upgrade to a larger wastegate.

BTW....The install on the car looks sick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts