Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I just registered here and thought I'd share a few pics of my headswap in progress. I've run into a few minor problems which is holding the project up, but it should be done within a week. I recently had a dyno with my current mods and I'll post a link below.....

Here's some pics of my old heads and the new SHM heads before and after P&P. Tell me what you think about the P&P job.
http://www.forums.svtperformance.com/showthread.php?threadid=12561

Here's a few pics as my old heads were coming off
http://www.forums.svtperformance.com/showthread.php?threadid=12358

Here's what they looked like when they were delivered
http://www.forums.svtperformance.com/showthread.php?threadid=12298

Here's a little movie of my car taking off. For those interested in what the Prochamber sounds like you might like this. (8.7mb)
http://www.svtperformance.com/sholland/Videos/Mustang.mpg

·
Registered
693 Posts
hey cool

welcome to the board...whats holding up the process if you dont mind me asking, did ya get the PI or the SVO heads? My dial up is too slow for anything so i didn't look at the pics. Hope you're havein fun with it though! If ya got any probs we might be able to take a stab and help ya out! take care

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks man! Right now I'm waiting for a few bolts that weren't shipped with the package. I don't know if they were supposed to come with the package or were something you had to buy extra. I was told that the SHM package came with everything. They also have to replace the heater pipe in the valley pan. So basically just a few minor hold ups. Should be done soon!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Welcome to the Corral. You'll find that there is alot of knowledge around here. Many of the questions that were asked (and some incorrectly answered) on the SVTPerformance forum can be found here. I urge you to use that search tool. It's great.

Stock TB is 65mm. Going to a 70mm is worth next to nothing on an N/A engine. What Edelbrock says and what you really get are two different things. And...the 5.4 and 4.6 heads are the same. Don't worry about that tag.
You also may want to reconsider putting headers on while you're doing the swap. Trying to get them in later will be HELL!

Enjoy the new found power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on getting a super chip and custom dyno tune a few weeks after this is completed. After seeing what I put down at the wheels before, what do you guys think my final rwhp will end up at?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Where did you get the P&P heads from.
You could see a peak gain of 50rwhp. More importantly is that your power band will be extended up in the rpm range.

Keep us posted on the progress and any testing including SOTP!

·
Registered
180 Posts
According to his signature file, it looks like he had them ported by Sean Hyland Motorsports.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're SHM heads that were P&P by a local shop near my home.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
I'd say that you should see no less than 250rwhp and upwards of 290rwtq. It's probable that you'll even see more than that. :)

-Pat

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mac Prochamber and Mac Catback? :evil: That's what I use, and nobody messes with me even though I haven't done much else to the car (chip and intake for now). The sound is SO DEEP! All bass and that's what I wanted! Gone down a street with buildings lining the road? Talk about reverb! Defeinitely my favorite exhaust setup thus far! MUHAHAHAHA :evil:

Lon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I love the MAC setup. I always thought it was amazing how mean it sounded, yet wasn't so mean.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Dude, I feel for you. I'm 1/2 way through mine, and already pulling my hair out over this LT header install. Hopefully the rest will be easy compared to what has happened so far. But the long tube headers look SOOOOOOO mean sticking out from under the car like they do... Can't wait to fire it up.

:joy:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Did your porter mess with the swirl dams or not if he did I say 260-265 ,if he left them and your not going to add a poweradder then I will say 270rwhp.If was as goos as mine it might be 275;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vetkilr said:
Did your porter mess with the swirl dams or not if he did I say 260-265 ,if he left them and your not going to add a poweradder then I will say 270rwhp.If was as goos as mine it might be 275;)
He didn't mess with the swirl damns. Everything has been port matched. I kept the stock manifolds for now, as I'm using the leftover money for a chip and dyno tune in a few weeks. He did an EXCELLENT job on the port and polish. He spent about 12 hours just on one head! He really widened them too. The inside ports are as smooth as ice now. Before it was just like cement. He also smoothed out the inside of the lower intake manifold.

275rwhp? Wow! That would be an incredible gain. I'll let you know what it dynoes in a few weeks.

BTW, when my car had only the cat-back (didn't have the Prochamber yet) it ran a best of [email protected] I'm guessing it would've run a 14.5 right before the swap with the Prochamber.

Thanks for the replies!:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts