Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turbo has not been hitting 10psi just figured that out last week. Found that i blew off a blocked off line ontop of throttle body. So i threaded the hole and put a bolt in it and now it peaks at 7psi with hole open 5-6.. looked up online on how to leak test so went to hardware store and bought some supplies to hook up my air compressor to the turbo inlet.

then i hooked it up turned up the psi on compressor to 10 or so and heard a small vacum leak by throttle body tightned that up and fixed that. Now the only spot i hear air coming out of is my bov. So i disconected the vacum line to it and put my thumb over and it still leaks. Do i have a bad bov or is that how its suppost to work? also i hear no other leaks and before i was hitting 10psi @ 3500rpm now today 7psi @5500rpm any ideas?
not sure if you can hear the leak but here is a little vid of me testing it.
1990 mustang lx on3performance leak test - YouTube

·
Registered
372 Posts
You may be leaking past the bov because your air pressure is overcoming the spring pressure in the bov.

Have you ruled out leaking exhuast/ wategate as well?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the new vbands for the exhaust and have those on now so exhaust is better now than on my dyno day when it got 10#'s at 3600rpm.. wastegate i dont know how do i check that?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was nice and cool out this morning so i searched around my car and found that on my turbo side the header the front most 4 bolts 1 missing 1 half way out hanging and 2 louse. I checked the rest and got them all tight. Now once my hardware store opens ill go get another bolt and hopefully this fixes it. It was not making any noticable noise at idle but maybe under full throttle it was leaking bad. I did see that the side of my plug boot protectors were dark color

1 - 4 of 4 Posts