Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my blow-thru on3 setup running safe enough to make a video. Still working on some kinks, but I havent had much time to work on it the past couple weeks. LMK what yall think, posting since it was something different as far as the on3 builds Ive seen
90LX 5.0
Stock bottom end
fel-pro 9333 w/ ARP studs
MSD 6al
Victor jr intake
CSU 750dp
CSU bonnet
Walbro 255lph feeding Aeromotive boost referencing FPR, 3/8 feed and 1/2 return
8lbs of boost w/ stock efi dizzy timing locked @22*

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Nice video and music, looks little to the lean side, try to make them 11-11.5 a/f

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Lean where? It's avg <11.5 @ wot when it goes into boost. Boost referencing PV secondaries

Allen, 93 octane

turbocar, Im in Charlotte
You video sucked ;) I thought I saw some 11.9 af lol

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
you need to get a dist that is locked out, and something to control the timming.. 22 degrees is killing it down low, i would also start putting a degree in it at a time and read the plugs 22 is pretty low for 8 psi runing a blowthru setup..

but the carb seems to be doing great in the video..

·
Registered
444 Posts
would like to know more about your tuning did u take that carb from csu and do some jeting or did they do everything and did u just bolted on and go

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you need to get a dist that is locked out, and something to control the timming.. 22 degrees is killing it down low, i would also start putting a degree in it at a time and read the plugs 22 is pretty low for 8 psi runing a blowthru setup..

but the carb seems to be doing great in the video..
The dist is locked. I just got it running. I will be getting an MSD distributor and a 6al-2 to make my own timing curve. I will start messing with the timing more when I get the carb dialed in.

Allen, other than setting the idle/mixture screws and setting the float level, the carb has been almost a bolt on and go. Kevin at CSU is really great about working with you one on one getting the carb dialed in. The only thing the carb has needed was smaller idle air bleeds to cure an off idle stumble

1 - 20 of 26 Posts