Steeda Front Swaybar
Steeda HD Rear Swaybar
Steeda Subframe Connectors w. Crossbrace
Steeda 4-Bolt Caster/Camber Plates
Steeda Front A-Arm Bushings
Steeda HD Swaybar Endlinks
KW Suspensions Stage 3 Coilovers
Maximum Motorsport 6-Point Rollbar

and a strut tower brace when I find one that clears the bullit intake.

now I just have to find the right set of light wheels that are good for street and track.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, I don't know. What are you going to use the car for?

I have never heard of KW Coilovers, what rate are the springs?
What shocks/struts are you going with?
Skip the Steeda Upper arms if you're after a better handling car.
Be more specific and give us more information. Have you purchased anything yet? Seems you really like Steeda's stuff, I personally don't have experience with it as I am a Maximum Motorsports guy. Look into their catalog before you swipe that card.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car is a daily driver in summer and sees open track events in france and germany... nothing too serious.
KW suspensions is one of the best companies to make coilovers and they just came out with the coilovers for the mustangs. finally!

here's from the kw website:

Variant 3
race technology for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping

The new Variant 3 is state-of-the-art technology for the skilled and experienced driver. The separate and independent compression and rebound damping options allow a truly individual driving set-up. These unique systems with the 3 individually adjustable components, allows for adjustment of the compression of the damper in the low-speed range, while the highspeed set-up, so decisive for driving comfort, has been preset by our engineers
• Independently adjustable damping technology -rebound and compression damping
• inox-line stainless steel technology at no extra charge
• Individual height adjustment
• German TUEV-tested adjustment parameters
• High-quality components for long life
• Comprehensive documentation for ease of use
• Infinitely adjustable rebound damping
• 14- level adjustable compression damping
• Unique, independently functioning damping power adjustment

Pic:

I do like steeda stuff because until now everything I added helped the car alot. everything is being installed right now so too late for changes. I have driven cars with stage 1 kw coilovers and they rocked.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what uppers should I get then?

·
Registered
249 Posts
stay with stock upper arms.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
FYI spring rates from http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_Products/60_Product_Finder/index.php?modell_1=Mustang&level=3&hersteller_1=FORD&gruppe=all&zeile=14

Coilover Variant 3

Mustang incl GT - not Cobra 99-04 Lowering (F/R) 1.2-2.3/1.4-2.5 Inches
MSRP $2595

Spring rates (lbs/inch or Progressive Spring): Front=400 / Rear=P
Part No: 35230036
Footnotes:
2 : Height adjustable front and rear axles (front axle threaded strut housings, rear axle adjustable springs + dampers)
66 : This is a coilover conversion kit that requires the use of modified factory lower control arms (welded ball joint assembly), or replacement units that have a solid mounted ball joint. These are available from KW part No. 660 30 001 - call for pricing

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Go with Steeda X2 balljoints rather than the Ford pieces.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Stang girl, a 400# front coil over spring is pretty hefty for a daily driver. In fact a double adjustable setup is quite a bit of overkill for a street car. I'm sure there are some other perfectly viable setups available for a whole lot less than $2600. I'm pretty sure you could get a Maximum Motorsports coil over setup for front and back with custom valved Bilsteins for about $1000 less. Just something to be considered. I'm sure you could find somethign else to spend the leftover cash on. :cool:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I just don't get it....
stang_girl said:
the car is a daily driver in summer and sees open track events in france and germany... nothing too serious.
Then why spend $2500 coilovers? Wouldn't something for about a grand less surfice.

stang_girl said:
KW suspensions is one of the best companies to make coilovers
Really....based on what, your expert opinion? Better than Koni or Bilstein? :rolleyes:

stang_girl said:
I do like steeda stuff because until now everything I added helped the car alot. everything is being installed right now so too late for changes. I have driven cars with stage 1 kw coilovers and they rocked.
So you really didn't want any technical input since parts are already purchased and in the process of being installed, you just wanted a bunch of GEE-WHIZ THAT ROCKS type replies.

Sorry I don't mean to pick on you, I'm sure your intentions are well, its just that there has been a real increase in post like this lately. I guess I think of the average track/road race enthusiast to be a little more interested in actual technical advise than just buying parts.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Toys said:
Really....based on what, your expert opinion? Better than Koni or Bilstein? :rolleyes:
From what I've gathered (from the Subaru community, my "other" world), KW is very much in the same ballpark as those companies, they've just never been marketed in the US until pretty recently. They're very big in Europe. Not that those crazy Europeans know anything about handling or road course performance. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glenn said:
Stang girl, a 400# front coil over spring is pretty hefty for a daily driver. In fact a double adjustable setup is quite a bit of overkill for a street car. I'm sure there are some other perfectly viable setups available for a whole lot less than $2600. I'm pretty sure you could get a Maximum Motorsports coil over setup for front and back with custom valved Bilsteins for about $1000 less. Just something to be considered. I'm sure you could find somethign else to spend the leftover cash on. :cool:
I know there would be tons of options in the states... but I live in Switzerland.
If I want to get springs or coilovers I need to have papers to have them streetlegal... almost no american company is willing to do this. therefore my limited choice in parts. I had to chose between the stage 1 and 3 kw coilovers... and stage 1 is not for the track... this is what KW said.
I'm open to suggestions as I might swap parts later on. but I couldn't get a mm panhard bar or swaybar because it would not be streetlegal. this might sound stupid to you guys but steeda parts look at least similar to stock and therefore inspection here wont notice the parts. heck, I got a crappy ford racing catback because it has the ford emblem on the mufflers. alot harder to build a car if you can't just get anything you want.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
huesmann said:
What's considered street legal in Switzerland?
almost nothing... every modification needs to have official papers that have to be approved by the swiss inspection center... wheels, exhaust, brakes, suspension, wings, hoods.... engine modifications are almost impossible to have legally...

·
Registered
249 Posts
:salute: :salute: :salute: I'm glad I don't live there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you are stuck with the 4-link in the rear, getting a panhard bar would really be worthwhile, just make sure you use some compliant (rubber bushed) uppers. If you can, run some rear lowers with a heim joint on one end, they aren't much louder than the urethane bushed ones.

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
Since mustangs aren't common in switzerland, how they gonna know it doesn't come with a phb stock. I would invest in a sandblaster and dirty brown paint.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts