Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a total learning thing for me. Just picked up a Late Model Stock Car roller to try to build into a track day car. The previous owner says the chassis is totally symmetrical but it has circle track spindles on it. Just got the thing unloaded so I haven't had time to get under it with the tape measure yet. Looks like it's mostly there and he sold me a set of custom built headers to put an LS engine in if that's the way I choose to go. He gave me 3 complete sets of tires that have plenty of meat left. He says he got enough camber in it to drive at VIR once and it drove okay. Came with a NASA log book, seat, belts, etc.

This is a picture of the frame when he had the body off.

Here it is in my garage.

Here is a link to the whole album. First couple of pages are pics he sent me before I decided to buy it then the last are of my trip to pick it up.
Late Model Stockcar pictures by roadracingmustang - Photobucket

·
Registered
114 Posts
That is truly awesome. And it's a BMW:)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow! That looks awesome!

It looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you, but it looks like it everything is easily accessible. When you get her running, bring her to Dothan. Let Cole know and he might design a "mini road course" to break her in. :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
That looks like it will be an entertaining ride.

GL with the build/rebuild.

Are you going to opt for the Taurus or Fusion headlights/grill? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Super Cool! :::Jealous:::

If you don't mind, how much did it set you back?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up a 351W over the weekend for it. This is a certified truck motor with the Edelbrock Performer intake and a 650 Holly. The guy claims it has 10K on it since the rebuild and would pull a goosneck trailer with 7 horses in it and never whimper.

Trying to stay on a budget so I'm thinking a regular WC T5 with the standard OD 5th gear. Will this stump puller pull 5th with a 3:50 rear?

Later I'd like to upgrade heads, cam, and intake for more power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts