Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little info and some pictures of a coupe Mustang I put together over the past few months.

It's a 1979 Coupe (I wish It had the 4 eye front end on it) with 92 Front end and Dash. The motor is out of a 99ss Camaro that had 59k on it. Here is a list of parts I used to get it together:

Stock motor with V3 Cam and Fast 78 Intake
Built 4L60e Transmission with Yank 3600 stall
AJE Kemeber
Custom built trans cross member
1 7/8 Kooks headers
Custom X-Pipe
Spear Tech wiring harness
Weldon Fuel pump with #10 to pump, #8 to rails and #6 return
BeCool Fbody radiatos and electric fans
Custom built driveshaft
B&M Pro stick shifter

I know I'm missin a lot of small odds and ends... Over all this car has been a great build. I'm getting over 20mpg on the highway and drives like a new car but 1/2 the cost.

I do not have dyno numbers but I do have track times. my 1st pass in the car on 18" radial tires I went a 11.70, 2 weeks later I took it back to the track and I went an 11.53 on Slicks.

I ordered a set of PRC Ported LS6 heads and should be here this week. Looking to get into the 10's all motor then I'm going to spray it in the 9's.

This was an 11.56 pass, the 11.53 pass video was cut off early:

11.70 on Radial tires:

Here are a few pictures of the car being put together and after. I still need to do some body work and clean under the hood:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm in the process of helping my Brother put a LS1 in his Coupe. When we actually start I'm going to get a good build thread going on it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Great looking car and a very clean swap. I see you kept the A/C compressor on the motor. Planing to hook it all up and make it work soon?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great looking car and a very clean swap. I see you kept the A/C compressor on the motor. Planing to hook it all up and make it work soon?
Yes, Since the weather is getting colder I'm going to hold off until it is needed. I had to hook up the heater last week... LOL

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is just Bad ASS Chad.......and it sure runs great for cam and intake only... and i love the first pic where you can see the motor though the hood ........Can you do that for me :~) Tell me what you need....Heres some pics and info on mine....i hope you don`t mind...

Motor= Stock Carbed LS7 with a front mount Distributor. Stock heads with new valves and valve springs...Has a mild 620 lift hydrolic roller cam....1050 pro systems Dominator carb.....pump gas. Has a aftermarket $1,500 2 peice intake manifold and headers and thats about it...No trans brake th350 and 411 gears...28x10.5x15s slicks..4 bullit mufflers.........How fast you guys thinking ??

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Awesome build! I'd love to see the $ breakdown for your swap. I am thinking of doing a similar build in January.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is just Bad ASS Chad.......and it sure runs great for cam and intake only... and i love the first pic where you can see the motor though the hood ........Can you do that for me :~) Tell me what you need....Heres some pics and info on mine....i hope you don`t mind...

Motor= Stock Carbed LS7 with a front mount Distributor. Stock heads with new valves and valve springs...Has a mild 620 lift hydrolic roller cam....1050 pro systems Dominator carb.....pump gas. Has a aftermarket $1,500 2 peice intake manifold and headers and thats about it...No trans brake th350 and 411 gears...28x10.5x15s slicks..4 bullit mufflers.........How fast you guys thinking ??

If I knew how to do the see through hood I would. I had a friend take the pictures for me.

Your car is really Clean, I need to do some clean up under my hood

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome build! I'd love to see the $ breakdown for your swap. I am thinking of doing a similar build in January.
Just depends on what you have, I already had the fuel system from my turbo car. Bought a wrecked car, parted it out and got the motor for free. We put this car together in 1 weekend and finished up the small stuff throughout the week.

I did get a smoking deal on the roller...

Chassis $1,500.00
Trans and Stall $1,000.00
Cam, springs and push rods $400.00
Radiator/Fans $150.00
AJE K-member $360.00
Headers $660.00
Wiring harness $465.00
Computer $100.00
Drive Shaft $300.00
Fuel Rails $150.00
Tensioner and Belt $50.00
Shifter $50.00
X-Pipe for exhaust $200.00
Miscellaneous stuff $200.00

This total come to $5,585.00

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thanks, that helps a lot.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
this car is so bad ass! i want to thru a LSx in mine one day, but not sure what the overall cost will run me for all that is needed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts