Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a dealer local to MD that will honor the TSB on a 1998 GT??? I have read that the 98's arent honored?!?!
I am leaking directly behind the alternator. Its not bad......yet, but I am flippin out because I heard from Slick GT's posts they arent honored. Is it true on 98's????BAH!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I called Ford, and the representative seemed soo concerned about my problem. :rolleyes:
She said there was no record in her database of a cracked intake manifold problem with 98 GT's. She also said I would have to travel to a Ford dealership to confirm that it was the intake and I would have to pay for them to look at it and tell me what I already know.:mad:
What can I do??
I might as well do a damn headswap for that kind of $$$.

This pisses me off so much. I will think again next time I choose to buy another Ford.

Remember, Ford quality is #1!!

BTW: I was cool and collected about the whole situation on the phone call to Ford. Maybe if I bi tched them out, they would have been a little more helpful.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the cost on the headswap kit??? Will it replace my intake?? help appreciated

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea Ray, I even used 97m91 as a refrence when I called Ford again, and the representative said my car was not covered under that recall??? She said it was based upon VIN number??

I am really having a hard time. I had no money to do my 60k maintinence, and now this!

I have been looking at other posts and seem to be leaning to an 01' kit. I am thinking I can get one for 1100.00 and labor should be about 900.00. I dont have this money. I guess my stang will just sit until I can come up with the cash and I will bum rides until then.

What about an 01' kit, no port/polish, and labor??

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah you could get an '01 headswap kit for about that, and $900 sounds about right for labor. If you just want to quick fix the car, try looking for a used intake, I'm sure someone on here has one that they could let go for next to nothing as they are worthless after a headswap.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Joel,
Got your message tonight, sorry I didn't return your call just got in. Anyway, I have a spare 96 intake sitting in the garage if you need it. All you'd need is the gasket and walla, you're back on the road again. :) If you need it lemme know, real cheap!!!!!

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts