Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my HID's in today they are 55watt.WAY better then stock headlights!
Stock on HIGH beams:

And my 55W HID's on low beams:

They draw less power when warming up and when all the way warmed up then the stock HIGH beams!I would of got down lower but they are to bright to look at dead on and also would distort out the pic

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I hope you upgraded your headlight harness with a set of relays to protect the stock switch. HID's without relays are a nice way to melt wiring, especially 55W HID's.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you upgraded your headlight harness with a set of relays to protect the stock switch. HID's without relays are a nice way to melt wiring, especially 55W HID's.
Already one step ahead :salute:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
More info please. I like bright lights.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I thought I was going to see turbos poking out of the headlight openings.....
Erich

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Is the generic HID setup that really isn't meant for halogen housings? U know the kits that replace the bulbs and not the housings? If so I will hold my tongue!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the generic HID setup that really isn't meant for halogen housings? U know the kits that replace the bulbs and not the housings? If so I will hold my tongue!
How do you say "generic"? They are true HID's....just not in projectors.All i need is to fab in the projectors then i guess by your wording they will be "true" HID's????? :shakehead

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
No offense to you personally but I HATE these cheap HID light "conversions" and wish the cops would better inforce the laws against them.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Yes they suck ass. They scatter the light everywhere. They suck compared to a good halogen and yes they are the same generic light kits they sell on ebay. I hope u didn't pay more than $40 cause thats what they sell for on ebay. Your oe headlight buckets were not designed nor intended for this "HID" setup....good luck.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes they suck ass. They scatter the light everywhere. They suck compared to a good halogen and yes they are the same generic light kits they sell on ebay. I hope u didn't pay more than $40 cause thats what they sell for on ebay. Your oe headlight buckets were not designed nor intended for this "HID" setup....good luck.
Yes i relize that,which if you reread is why i will mold in the projectors.

·
Registered
289 Posts
^^ good to hear. Please do asap. I love to highbeam people with those PNP HID's with my real HID setup, along with a nice middle finger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts