Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 91 GT a few months back, it was already a twin setup but I didnt like the way it looked and the motor was toast.

Heres some pics of the hot side im working on. I bought some shorties and flipped them around. I cut the flanges off and started cutting pipe and tacking it together. To make the bends I cut wedges.

Let me know what you think. I was thinking outside the box and I wanted to build this stuff my self without spending a ton of money.

Im waiting on the T4 flanges to finish up and then Ill have them tig'd and ceramic coated

·
Registered
317 Posts
ohh just wondering. going to look good

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thats close to where my turbos are located. Are your drain lines going outside the frame rail?
Mine sit alittle further in and the drains go strait through the frame rail.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the center section is just on the outside of the frame rail. I was going to go thru the frame rail with the line. The downpipe will run under the headers close to the K member. I have solid mounts and am also going to fab up a support bracket coming off the frame rail to help support the turbo so the headers wont crack

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Nice to see someone building it themselves! I also have the dside turbo like that. I have the coldside more inside the fender tho. I ran the exaust back under the header.
Erich

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one side is a tad higher and further back but I did it that way to keep the passenger side turbo away from the top radiator hose

heres a couple of the back. Sunk the fuel cell into the floor and am making sheet metal floor panels. It looks a little crappy because its all dusty lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm lovin the twins!
Thats similar to mine except i ran my dp's between the kmember and the control arm then back in behind the motor mount and beside the bellhousing. Thats the only way i could fit 3.5".

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got the headers all welded up, and double checking to make sure everything will work the way I thought it would...lol

Ill be getting them ceramic coated along with the turbine housings

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
been slow progress lately, its been cold and wet but the engine is in. I need to do the fuel lines and exhaust next.

·
Registered
737 Posts
do twins not have a crossover to balance exhaust. i like the way you have fuel lines to regulator.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All the looking ive done I have never seen a crossover. But thats not to say there isnt some out there. This is all done myself with a ton of research and some stuff Ive bought off the Corral mostly.

Thanks about the fuel lines, I didnt want to shell out an ass load of money for braided. Its 1/2 metal tubing from the rear to the front and 3/8 return. (although not in pics)

Its shaping up nicely, too bad crappy cell phone pics make it look ugly

Although not near as fugly as Goatnipples....

haha

·
Registered
806 Posts
Looks like it's going to be rough changing plug wires.

Will you be doing that from underneath the car?

Wish I had the time & patients to do fab work!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like it's going to be rough changing plug wires.

Will you be doing that from underneath the car?

Wish I had the time & patients to do fab work!!!!
Yes I'll have to do the plugs from the bottom, its not going to be too bad tho, just take the tires off.

Fabbing it is a challenge, but its been fun

·
Registered
131 Posts
looks kick ass bro! wanna do me some headers? :leghump:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts