Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car down to Mt. Parkway dragway in Clay city,KY (about a 2 hr drive south/southeast for me) to run in a benefit street car shootout race yesterday (kyhorsepower.com fall shootout race). I ran in the True street class....basic rules are DOT tire,no minitub/stock frame rail intact, plates, registration, insurance...that's it.
I went down to the race with just the intentions of being basically a 1/4 test day for me on a decent track with decent weather. I borrowed a set of 275/60 m/t dr's to run since the class was a DOT tire class. First passes ever for my combo on a radial...did pretty well with them leaving on the soft side all day. Got 2 half ass test runs in getting a feel for the tire and track. Ran a 9.01 at 153 on the 1st qual shot...which put me #2 in a 32 car field with 60+ cars trying qualify. Decided to try to turn it up some on the hit to try to get it to leave harder. 2nd qual pass it ran a new best ever for the car 8.88 at 153.5 w/ 1.37 60' (very good 60' for my car)..that kept me at #2. Made it threw 4 rounds of elim's to meet up with the #4 qual in the final. I ran a 8.98 at 153 to his 9.68 at 137 for the win. Need to take a good picture of the trophy...pretty cool..never seen one like it before. I also have video to download and post.

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
Congrats!

That's awesome. Guess the radials work pretty well!

Steve

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
gongrats, how much did you have the field covered by?

Edit, just watched the video of you on the bumper on the 8.5's AWESOME! How much did the tune change for the radials?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Awesome job man, car seems to be working really well! Working great on the radials too it seems. Get a picture of that trophy put up

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gongrats, how much did you have the field covered by?

Edit, just watched the video of you on the bumper on the 8.5's AWESOME! How much did the tune change for the radials?
Was #2 qual..#1 guy was a good 4-5 tenths faster than me at least..but he broke I think in the semi's and lost to the #4 guy.
Tune was way different...left on about 6# less boost than the pass you saw on video.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car is setup for running a local limited 8.5" tire class on 26x8.5" slick...so that's what I will be running for the most part.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Thats awesome man, congrats on the new best and with only a 1.37 sixty foot, its making some nice power!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
get one of these -----------> Parachute <----------- get one of these
haha..that's #1 on my list of winter upgrades. Looking at rear bumper parachute mounts now. I like wildride's setup...it gives me a place to bolt some lead bars too.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
DAMMIT BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts