Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Once i decided to go turbo and started gathering parts a year or so ago, I opted to pick up a PTP lava turbo blanket to keep down on the excess heat. Heard very good things about them. So over a year later and less than 1,000 miles on the blanket, (car is a weekend cruiser) it's basically started to fall apart. I haven't contacted PTP or anything at this point, doubt they would do anything because it's been over a year. I just expected more out of $165 blanket. My buddy has a $30 eBay blanket a little over a year old and it's in better shape than my PTP. Not trying to dog the company out, just sharing my experience. I would suggest spending the extra else where and pick up a cheap blanket.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
You should contact them and see if they will replace it

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt they will, I wouldn't expect them to being its over a year old. Just trying to inform everyone their blankets are way over priced for what you get

·
Registered
419 Posts
My year and a half old Speed Daddy's

They're basically just dirty.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
I doubt they will, I wouldn't expect them to being its over a year old. Just trying to inform everyone their blankets are way over priced for what you get
and how do you know that :confused:

I really can't stand people who bash suppliers BEFORE giving them a true opportunity to correct an issue

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I've had my basic style PTP T6 blanket for 4 years now. Bit dirty but still in good shape.

·
Registered
204 Posts
When I checked into a lava blanket I was told that one you install them and they are heat cycled you cannot remove them because they loose their flexibility. Basically a permanent install which turned me off to them.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I have a dumb question. Why do you want to keep heat in the turbo case? Isn't that hard on the turbo?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Heat is the energy in the exhaust. You want to keep it in to help spin up the turbo. Plus by keeping the heat in you don't heat everything around it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts