Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says.... when i drive my car it breaks up and hesitates when im out of boost. any ideas? this is new ive had it tuned for 4 months. no cel.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
397 Posts
Has it been doing this the whole time the new tune has been in?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it just started. at first it felt like a miss and was only in 5th under 2k rpm. now its at any time not in boost and its worse. I replaced the plugs today but no change. Im thinking maybe there is a problem with the msd but i dont know how to check it.

the fuel pump is new. so are the injectors and the maf sensor.

update: It breaks up in boost now too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it just started. at first it felt like a miss and was only in 5th under 2k rpm. now its at any time not in boost and its worse. I replaced the plugs today but no change. Im thinking maybe there is a problem with the msd but i dont know how to check it.

the fuel pump is new. so are the injectors and the maf sensor.

update: It breaks up in boost now too.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sounds like the distributor! If it is an MSD distributer that most certainly is your problem. If you have an OEM Ford one, install it and test it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm saying module also!Get a stock ford one MSD is 100% crap!EVERYTHING they sell is!Does it start doing so shortly after you drive it?It could also be the pick up inside the dizzy also!My module was out when i bought my MSD dizzy (bought used with (so they say) only 10 hours) fixed that worked fine!Then about 1000-2000 miles later the pick up went bad!Look inside it and if this thing wiggles (pick up) then i can almost bet 99% thats it!Here are a few pics of what the pick up looks like.As soon as i canafford it i'm ditching my MSD dizzy,coil,and will also be getting a crane ign box.I will never buy another MSD product all crane from now on!

and a video (if it works?)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SMOKEDYA,

thank you for being so descriptive. i will be checking this as soon as i can. i have a stock dist. with msd cap and rotor but i never opened it up.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts