Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whatdya think? -12 like from each valve cover to a moroso breather tank mounted inside passenger side fender. The can is pretty far back so plenty of tire clearance

·
Registered
939 Posts
looks good,been thinking of rerouting mine when i get the motor back in.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. I did a wire tuck on both sides so didnt want to hang a tank in a highly visable location. Theres lots of stuff shoved behind these fenders! Theres a spot back in the passenger side that these breather tanks fit very nicely, even contoured to fit the round tank.

This is the front inside of drivers side.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Looks good might have to steal that idea..lol i have no room in my engine compartment...and my catch can is that big too...

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I put mine in the fenders like that. After driving it for a few miles I realized it was a mistake. The fumes were terrible in the cab. Now in all credit to everyone else that hasn't had an issue; I was still seating rings and breaking in a new motor with a little boost too. I run a GM/Cobra electric vacuum pump that grounds off a Hobbs switch at 3# of boost to evac my crankcase of any pressure build up in the bottom end.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I pieced it together. Moroso can and baffled valve cover fittings from Jegs and all the an stuff from siliconeintakes.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did also put mine in the same place...
Ended up with a terrible smell of fumes in the car!
Guess the air going into the car is taken from infront of the windscreen!
I had the inner fenders in place, maybe it works better without it?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very nice...I have mine in the same place too lol.

Like bumblebee said, you will get terrible fumes in the car. To remedy that, Im welding a -12an fitting where the filter is and running a -12an hose from there to the rear bumper with the filter on the end of the hose.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, we'll see how the fumes are. I,ve got some spare -12 line so could always run the filter to another location

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did also put mine in the same place...
Ended up with a terrible smell of fumes in the car!
Guess the air going into the car is taken from infront of the windscreen!
I had the inner fenders in place, maybe it works better without it?
What did you do to remedy the fumes?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just a thought... what would it be like with the filter removed and the top capped and the drain line at the bottom left opened a tad?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You won't get enough breathing capability doing that. The size of the opening in the breather tank should at least be equal to the total area of the breather lines going into the tank.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts

1 - 20 of 31 Posts