Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I already know the answer.... im pretty sure its me... but where should i be at? I cannot get traction when i start... What kind of tires are good for all out traction.
I was racing at Milan Dragway in Michigan. Heres my timeslip:

60 foot 2.394
330 foot 6.328
1/8 ET 9.48
1/8 MPH 77.69
1000 ft et 12.167
1/4 et 14.408
1/4 MPH 100.82

I am launching by holding it at 1500 rpms... when the light flips, i slip the clutch out, but, i seem to spin em every time.

All my mods are in my sig. I was spraying a 75 shot. I plan on going back to the track wednesday with the 100shot of nitrous. What should i work on to improve my times. I was expecting at least 13s with all my mods....My goal is low 13s, at least! Any advice? Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Uhh, am I missing something? You already ran a 13.8 (according to your sig). Add the spray, and you'd see 12's.

·
Registered
193 Posts
AlexLTDLX said:
Uhh, am I missing something? You already ran a 13.8 (according to your sig). Add the spray, and you'd see 12's.
His 60' times probably got worse. With spray, the only way to go is to get some ET Streets/Drags and launch on the spray. I have a modest 1.77 60'(-.62 just in the 60') on ET Streets. If you could duplicate that, you would most likely knock close to a full second off of your times. My friends 98GT on a 100 shot ran a 12.97 @ 106. This is indicative of what you might be capable of. Traction is the name of the game.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i guess i need to change my sig... it is supposed to be 14.8.... i just cant tpye... sorry... But yea, about the Tires... what is the best to get??? Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
ahh... ok; your mph should be enough to turn a mid 13. You'd need slicks for that, though (and at your power level, you'll probably lose 1-2 mph). Your 60's are killing you. Unless your street radials are really old, and they don't prep your track at all, you should be able to do better. The real key to getting great 60's in a car like yours is to leave at 4,000-5,000 rpm, and slip the hell out of the clutch; it's really, really hard on the clutch, but with practice, don't be surprised if you see low 1.9's or even 1.8's (we've gotten as low as 1.72 on stock GS-Cs doing this - but with a bit more power (~280 rwhp)).

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts