- mount alternator bracket and alternator
- put on MAF and Pipe
- Various Vacuum lines
- Mount New methanol pump
- put on front bumper
- Start car with open Y pipe

- Profit?

A few things I noticed about the On3 kit that I came accross:

1. Header bolts did not line up exactly. I had to drill the holes larger to get them to fit (7/16's). Luckily I use the aluminum crush-style header gaskets from Percy to fill in any possible gaps

2. NO WAY can I run a mini-oil filter with this kit. The passenger O2 sensor literally sits right in front of the oil filter. I have to us a relocation. You can see in the picture below that the mini oil filter (PH16) is also laying on top of the o2 bung

3. The power steering cooler line is a joke:

4. The 90 deg elbow doesnt fit into the fender well unless you cut about 3 inches more out. Which basically only gives you about 6 inches of fender well since you have to cut the rear hole too for the intake.

5. the intake pipe to the throttle body is about 3 degrees off on the turn. It really does fit like crap. Hopefully, there will be no boost leak out the silicone tube there.

6. the instructions are pretty useless to be honest. if you're a first timer on doing any kind of installs...DON'T...you'll end up messing up something.

7. There is NO WAY, this kit is fit for A/C even though it says it is. picture below is where the compresso would go...umm..yeah thats only about 3 inches of space there

7. OVERALL though....I would give the kit an 8 out of 10 score. I feel like they need to test fit a few more of these 94/95 kits... The overall kit does have quality parts like hoses and clamps and both cold side and hot side parts are really good quality. Also, the small parts are all high quality parts as well. But small items like the intake hose no fitting properly and the header bolts not lining up are really bothersome....

8. if they paid me, I would write up a 20 page installation on this. the 8 pages (give or take) they give you don't really cut the mustard. You would really need to be an experienced installer to get it done.

I will be calling On3 to express my thought on this as well.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Hmm I was hoping to get my a/c to still work. How bad is it I cannot tell which way is what in the pic?

I just got mine...had no directions, and missing a crossover pipe....

The power steering cooler is a joke and a long way from the Cobra one.

It would have been nice since they know where the MAF has to go to weld the bracket it right away along with a bung for the IAT sensor.

They also don't tell you the intercooler brackets really are not meant for use with the air bag sensors.....

Did you have to completely get rid of the smog? I had a delete pulley...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the same kit.....I did not have any issues using a small oil filter (used mobil1), header bolt problem(used my old arp bolts), or the oil cooler problem(think you have it installed wrong). I did have some minor issues running the turbo feed, intake pipe (since mine is fox throttle setup, and some hardware issues...basically I had to run to Lowes a couple of times. You are right...it does not look like there is room for the AC...My kit went together with no problems other than odds and ends bolts and the oil feed. As for you 02 sensors mine went in no problem...I have extensions I used when I had longtubes...dont know if that matters.....Kit is half decent though...cant beat the price

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hmm I was hoping to get my a/c to still work. How bad is it I cannot tell which way is what in the pic?

It would have been nice since they know where the MAF has to go to weld the bracket it right away along with a bung for the IAT sensor.

They also don't tell you the intercooler brackets really are not meant for use with the air bag sensors.....

You will have to get rid of the delete pulley...It will not fit. My intercooler brackets fit on the inside of my airbag sensors without a problem. As far as the bracket for the MAF....yea would have been nice to have it welded....I had a buddy do mine but not everyone has that option. My power steering line went in fine....Ill post a pic of mine tomorrow

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You will have to get rid of the delete pulley...It will not fit. My intercooler brackets fit on the inside of my airbag sensors without a problem. As far as the bracket for the MAF....yea would have been nice to have it welded....I had a buddy do mine but not everyone has that option. My power steering line went in fine....Ill post a pic of mine tomorrow
I got mine to fit too just had to mod it a bit and add some hardware, you also have to make sure those sensors are dead level so they work right since you have to bend the tabs.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

A/C
1. I mounted the pipe first and there is absolutely no room there...

2. I wish I could keep the stock cooler. It's WAY better.

3. Ditto on the MAF bracket. My buddy is welding it on.

4. smog will HAVE to be eliminated. The pipe coming out of the turbo, goes directly through it. not even a smog pump delete will work. ..hence, the reason for a shorter serpentine belt.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You surely aint gonna run that with that jacked up intake pipe?

Nope. that's why I have 0 clamps on. i'll have to have it cut and rewelded slightly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I never moved my airbag sensors...bend what tabs? I couldnt get my pulley to fit so I just got a smaller belt...no big deal. I didnt even try AC by the way, it would look way to cluttered

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I never moved my airbag sensors...bend what tabs? I couldnt get my pulley to fit so I just got a smaller belt...no big deal. I didnt even try AC by the way, it would look way to cluttered
You have the 2 bolts on the sensors, 1 of which is used for the bracket for the intercooler. There is a locating tab to keep the sensor straight that goes into the radiator support. You have to bend that out or the bracket won't fit. You don't have the move them, it is just you have to make sure they are level.

I want the a/c to work, does it look like it can work on anyone's car with this kit?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have the 2 bolts on the sensors, 1 of which is used for the bracket for the intercooler. There is a locating tab to keep the sensor straight that goes into the radiator support. You have to bend that out or the bracket won't fit. You don't have the move them, it is just you have to make sure they are level.

I want the a/c to work, does it look like it can work on anyone's car with this kit?

So far, looks like my air bag sensors will be just fine...

Im sure if I went to an exhaust shop, I could have the pipes adjust out and run A/C which I will eventually do because I want A/C. But at this point, there is just no clearance for it and even if there were, the compressor would be right on top of a hotside tube.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Not on my car. I didnt have to bend anything....Mine fit no problem...I have no idea what you are talking about :confused: ...but every install is different...got mine done 2 weeks ago...but toasted some plug wires.....just waiting on a tune at the moment...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

Im sure if I went to an exhaust shop, I could have the pipes adjust out and run A/C which I will eventually do because I want A/C. But at this point, there is just no clearance for it and even if there were, the compressor would be right on top of a hotside tube.
Can you post a pic of where your intercooler is mounted, just curious.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Yeah I couldn't get my compressor to fit either....but I dont live in CA either so I can live with no AC.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts