Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a swap myself, motor is a stock btm end ls1 with arp rod bolts, ported heads, and vic jr carb intake. I am running a 11 in clutch with a quicktime bellhousing to couple the 3550 to the ls1. im currently building the rear end with good internals and have to install all my rear suspension. Hope to have it up and running by mid summer including having the body repainted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
few more pics. Its Kook headers, strange struts w/150lbs springs, manual rack, manual brakes. Ls swap radiator, aluminum flywheel with spec stage 3+ clutch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ordered the clutch straight from spec.Its 11 in and 10 spline to match the trans. The pilot bearing is a brass self lubricating one from modern driveline for the swap.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
ordered the clutch straight from spec.Its 11 in and 10 spline to match the trans. The pilot bearing is a brass self lubricating one from modern driveline for the swap.
Have a link or part number for that pilot bearing? I know a lot of guys use the LS7 pilot bearing for this trans setup so just curious how you did it.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont have a part number off hand. Id just call them and they will take care of u. the ls7 will work for a gm style tko but not the ford. .59 vs .688 for the ford shaft.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. They are Billet specialties double bead lock black street lites. 15x10 w 6.5 bs. Stock length fox 8.8

·
Registered
238 Posts
absolutely awesome! I was just looking at draglites but you have me sold on those wheels.

Any pics of the interior, specifically the shifter without the boot?

I had a 3550 once...it never broke but was a little notchy, if I recall, how is yours?. Who made your driveshaft?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no current interior pics. my 3550 has always shifted great. however im leaning it more towards a track car so the trans is out currently and getting face plated. Im also forging the bottom end of the motor. I used a stock alum motorsport driveshaft in it. trans bolts right up in fact location.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my goal is to run in the 5's (8th mile) banging gears. With my work schedule it will prob be summer before its up and going again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
do the tires sit outside the wheel lips,looks like it in the pics? but shouldn't with that back spacing and stock length axle, car looks sick man

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
those tires did stick out. they were to get it up and rolling. I now have 255/60/15 Drag Radials on it and they are flush.. Those on it were 275/60/15 pro radials. Im currently putting a wild rides s box in it and comptiplating on mini tubbing it. I plan on running 28x10's slicks at the track.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts