Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My head first into mustang world..Well 3 weeks ago i was browsing craigslist and found this 1990 mustang lx turbo listed not running 6k firm. So i went and looked at it and it appeared ok the man started it and it barely ran and was super rich. It had a new on3 turbo kit installed along with windsor iron heads, fcam, eled intake, and all autometer gauges this past winter. Also a moates tuner and a msd 2step 70mm tb, 70mm maf, 42# injectors, 255 fuel pump. So after walking around and looking i saw the value there and bought it. This is how it looked on the add picture

this is how the motor looked

so i towed it home and jacked it up to look around and the bottom crank pulley was hitting the cold side turbo pipe. so i took off the bumper

and as you can see in that pic there are no brackets lol the intercooler was held up with zip ties wtf well had to make some brackets and line things up

and here i had to cut a chunk out of the lower inner fender part the pipe was rubbing against metal

then the bumper would not go on with the intercooler in what i think is the correct spot so out with the jig saw and i cut out a big section out

then i had to finish mounting his fuel gague pain in the a$$ but now the hood dont hit it

then towed the car in for a 3" exhaust with dump off

and now i was thinking lets yank this moats tuner out.. so i did and it ran! but then i noticed a water leak.. long story short his electric water pump must of been used and fixed with jb weld so had to put a new one on.. while at it put a summit aluminum radiator on.

so now the car runs (idles) and it appears all leaks are fixed the day i bought the car 3 weeks ago i scheduled a tune session with lido @ alternative auto and its tommrow wich im glad it took a few because lots of little things poped up! What do you think my rwhp num will be? and would you have taken a 6k gamble on this?

and todays pic touch up paint on the front bumper

·
Registered
546 Posts
It should make 400-450. My car made over 500 with 12psi with a similiar setup, aluminum heads on lids dyno. Been running strong over two years now without a problem. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i would pull everything and check it if that guy jb welded a pump together might have jb for head gaskets dont trust what u didnt put together

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got my tune done! it did 465rwhp on base tune. he then said he could get it to 480+ if i wanted and i said keep it really safe so final tune of 456rwhp.

002.MTS - YouTube
but now it hops out of 2nd and 3rd gear.. either the short throw is not in right or the trans is going.. once i figure that out ill take it out on the road.. cant wait!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was 10#'s
I got my shifter fixed it now goes easy into 2nd n 3rd on the short throw shifter the bump screws were to far in.. Now my new problem my electric fan has decided once the car is hot to shut off.. Going to re wire tomorrow because I have no idea how it was wired.

But in my 1 mile drive before over heating the sound of the car is amazing haven't got into the power but seems fairly fast!

·
Registered
994 Posts
What Windsor heads are on it? Valve sizes? Any port work?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice...for 6K I think you did good!!
You should run low 11's

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought I clicked on my same vid for a second lol if I seen that
Before I might have painted my bumper grey to mess with you lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sell the moat's? That thing is worth some money in the right hands. Though the PO didn't seem to know wtf he was doing lol

Glad your gamble paid off. Would sucked if the motor was hurt or something.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts