Ford Mustang Forums banner

Mustang vs Porsche

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  fast_frank_d 
#1 ·
#6 ·
that was a monsta!!!! get-em Stang!!!!

Reactions: ERStettin
#8 ·
Stang is kicking ass at Road Atlanta! Awesome video, gives me motivation with my track car fox. The way he just pulled away on the straight was sexy, for a second i thought this was the video of the AV boys fox that destroys the AWD Porsche on the street (drag racing) and i was gonna ask why is it being posted here in the RR/autox section.

#9 ·
I have mixed feelings about that video... J/K. Very cool to watch a 60's car pull away from the pack like that.

But it's not hard to out power a Porsche. Most of those cars were little N/A motors. Some of the turbo builds on Pelican have a lot of work in them and end up posting 350 RWHP when they are done. It makes me laugh.

#10 ·
The video was very entertaining, but what was more entertaining was the asshat porsche car club member in the comments talking about how a stock GT3 would beat a stock Mustang, and that the porsche drivers "weren't even trying", and ignoring everyone saying that the mustang was clearly modded, and the Porsches were driving their asses off.

#13 ·
Dude in the red Porsche was way out of line many times in that video IMO. Really poor driver. I'm not saying I could do better, but he wasn't following the racing line, was steering right at the other cars, etc. Basically being overly aggressive making the other cars either dodge him or get rumpled sheet metal.

#14 ·
As an owner of a 66 coupe, you can make these cars handle really well. There's a ton of high quality parts out there. This is what's on my 66. I can set my alignment to what ever I can dream up. Right now caster is 4° + and caster is 1.125° -

I also have a few other goodies, a camber kit and Bilstein shocks. It's a hoot to drive. The company I bought my parts from makes a coil over front suspension similar to what I have, not the SN95 as well as a 3 link rear axle using a 9 inch with floating axles. I'm still leaf springs. Here's their web site. Street or Track LLC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.