Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI,

Mustang Club of America is having their car show at Chesapeake City Park in Greenbrier, August 3rd.
Might be a good time for all the locals to get together.
Check out their info at www.mustang.org and look at regional events.

Doug

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
I think I can make it. See ya there Doug. :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Do you have a local web site about it?
Mike

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The MCA website is www.mustang.org
I then click on regional events and follow the dates. They have the details.

doug

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95gts,

I hope you can make it. I am thinking about entering my car. I won't win anything but enjoy
the camaraderie.

doug

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doug, Mike & everyone else in the area, please do come out to the Mustang Club of Tidewater's August show. This show is not a MCA judging rules show and we try our best to award everyone a trophy. Last year we had just short of 150 vehicles (our shows are open to all vehicles). If we have more entrants than trophies, we take our club members' cars out of the competition. If you have any questions, just ask me.

Carole
Vice-President, Mustang Club of Tidewater

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carole,

what time is registration? Is there a schedule of events?

doug

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doug,

Registration starts at 9, judging at 12 and trophies at 3ish. Entry fee is $20 and 2 cans of food for Oasis Food Bank. We'll be selling food and drinks at the shelter and there will be raffle prizes and an assortment of vendors. Hopefully a dyno as well.

I will probably be doing an assortment of jobs - parking, registration and judging, so I don't think I'll be around either of my cars much.

Carole

·
Registered
142 Posts
hey guys i went and no offense to your cars but the show sucked. this is hardly what i call a car show( not enuff cars) they had a car show once at the va beach pavilion that was ****ing awesome. the mustang unlimited people where there with hundreds of mustangs. can anyone tell me who held that show and when they might have one again?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
92mus,
Man you are hard to please. I thought it was pretty good show. In ref to the one at the pavilion. I was at that one about 2 yrs ago. I never saw hundreds of Mustangs. Maybe if you included the ones in the parking lot or at Beach and Kimnach Ford.
What I did like about it, they had several
Saleen and Roush mustangs on display. But hundreds? No way.
This one had some great looking cars. I can't believe you didn't appreciate that.

Doug

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey 92 - that show you saw at the pavillion was a MCA NATIONAL SHOW. If you get involved with one or more of the mustang clubs locally, you can help in planning the 2004 one (if we get it). SEVMC meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at Beach Ford, MCT meets the 1st Thursday of each month at Cavalier Ford and Mustang and Ford Club of Virginia meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at Kimnach Ford. Hope to see you at one or all of the club meetings next month. Join up and get involved.

Now, regarding your complaints about the MCT LOCAL show last weekend, it would have been larger if it had been in the newspaper. I don't know what happened there. Last year we had almost 150 cars. MCT NEVER limits their shows to Ford cars only. Did you enter or just look around? If you entered, what place did your car get? I'll be sure to let the club know that you didn't like our show. Or, you can come to our next meeting and tell us yourself.

Doug, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Did you enter your car? If so, how'd you do?

Sorry that neither of you introduced yourselves to me. My '66 took 1st place in her class and my '99 got 2nd in hers.

Carole
Vice-President, Mustang Club of Tidewater
member of SEVMC
charter member of Mustang and Ford Club of Virginia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts