Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I pick up a used 2006 Mustang GT. Its auto and as far as I can tell, everything is working and working good. The Carfax was outstanding on it. Has a few scratches on the rear quarterpanel but those can be buffed out. Interior looks good. Used to own a 93 Ford Thunderbird and Fox body Mustang. I cant wait to get it tomorrow. I'm excited to be back in the Mustang again. I just sold a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado and now I'm getting this. I won't tell you what I paid for it. It's red with camel interior. I will have to change out the radio and speakers maybe put a sub in the trunk. Looks like an aftermarket exhaust is on it. I'll know more when I get it home and up in the air. Think it may need shocks and struts. It does need tires for sure.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats man. Wait till you feel how stiff that chassis is compared to older models.

Do you think the previous owner went with the common tune and cai? I’d be afraid the car lot took the tuner out and it’s tuned for higher octane unknown to you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesnt have a tune or CAI. The suspension is making a lot of noise. I think struts and shocks are going to be next. It needs new tires and a radio. When I open the doors and start the car the radio ticks like it's trying to eject a disk. It has the 18 inch rims. There is an American flag on the front driver side fender. It needs to come off. I've got to get the paint buffed and detailed. Need some better speakers and maybe some bass.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It doesnt have a tune or CAI. The suspension is making a lot of noise. I think struts and shocks are going to be next. It needs new tires and a radio. When I open the doors and start the car the radio ticks like it's trying to eject a disk. It has the 18 inch rims. There is an American flag on the front driver side fender. It needs to come off. I've got to get the paint buffed and detailed. Need some better speakers and maybe some bass.
Nice pick up, but how do you know it doesn’t have a tune?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know. I do know that the cats are missing. It has an off road x pipe. So I have to find some way to get rid of the CEL that came up. So, It may have a tune.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good, has the premium pack wheels too
Is that what those are? Well, they have curb rash real bad. I need to replace or fix them. Just don't know who does it. I have messed up rims. Paint has some scratches and I'll get them buffed out or repaired.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts