Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been auto crossing for about and year now in my 1989 mustang I want to get into something a little more intense. I went to vir with my dad for a factory five cobra meet, that is were I first saw the mustang and camaro challenge. I talked to a guy for a long time and he told me this is the cheapest way to get into wheel to wheel racing. My shop teacher told me to go for my HPDE liceances in March. My question is this iam only 16 soon to be 17 and I was wondering if the Mustang and Camaro Challenge will be feasible. I have a another car so I dont have to worry about this as my daily driver. I know alot about mechanics, I rebuilt my motor and I also can weld so I can do all the work myself. If anyone races in the Mustang and Camaro Challenge and wants to point me in the right direction I would greatly apprieate it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Have you been to the CMC website?
www.camaromustangchallenge.com
They have a message board so you can ask questions of the other racers.

I haven't raced that class, but I've watched them for several years. It's definitely a good way to go.
I don't know if they have a minimum age for racing, you may have to wait another year, but that will give you more track time when you're ready to race.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts