Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to get some flowmasters and put on my stang to replace the glasspacks. a friend of mine suggested that i try cut outs. do any one have any idea how the car would sound with that set up? thanks in advance. brandon

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
If you have intact catalytic convertors, they won't be that painfully loud. If you have an offroad pipe or gutted pipe, they will be really loud.

Billy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
straightliner1 a cut out is what it sounds like...basically. they cut out a small part of your exhaust and put in a new section that can be caped. well that is what i saw on my friends. my be some one can explain it better than me. brandon.

·
Registered
802 Posts
what the green machine is referring to is what a lot of F body LS1 guys do to their cars. It is just as he said, a piece that you can buy for about $40 and you have it welded in to your current exhaust and it has a side section that comes out that has a cap with 3 bolts and wing nuts. You just unbolt the wing nuts and take the cap off and basically you have a completely free flowing exhaust assuming you have no cats. This is a very good mod for the LS1 folk. The thing is that F body's are not true duals all the way back, they have a Y pipe. Mustangs are true duals all the way back so you would need two cutouts for it to work. But the idea is still there so I thing it would be a good investment to try out, unfortunatly not many stangers have ventured into this realm!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts