Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now the car has mangapacks on it...I was thinking of going with either a regular mangaflow, borla or dynomax ultraflow. I know that all of these muffles are straight through but would any of them effect spool time and power/torque?

Anyone have any sound clips with different mufflers on a 2V turbo setup?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Regular magnaflows sound really nice on push rod and mod motors. They are not too loud so the wife won't bitch. I would skip the borlas and dynos, just never been a fan of the sound. Bassani and mod motors sound great.
You sold the race car to pick up the street car. The difference in spool between the mufflers should not matter too much since its just a cruiser/street toy.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I have a 5.0 pushrod motor and i have Bassani race series mufflers oval case love the sound...pretty tame at idle and crusie get into Boost it wakes up nice!!!!! i have sounds clips on one of the threads here...look it up

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 5.0 pushrod motor and i have Bassani race series mufflers oval case love the sound...pretty tame at idle and crusie get into Boost it wakes up nice!!!!! i have sounds clips on one of the threads here...look it up
I might have to look into the bassani's, the car has the magnapacks on it right now and it sounds pretty good, just trying to go a little more stealth until WOT.

Keep the sound clips coming...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I might have to look into the bassani's, the car has the magnapacks on it right now and it sounds pretty good, just trying to go a little more stealth until WOT.

Keep the sound clips coming...
Yeah there are pretty stealthly...lol...until you hit that go pedal...:)

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah there are pretty stealthly...lol...until you hit that go pedal...:)
Yep, now I'd like to hear them on a 4.6 turbo setup...:)

·
Registered
456 Posts
What kind of power gains should one see with a glass pack style muffler over a chambered muffler.
Im looking to run 700RWH and would like to keep the car quiet. I dont want to run a straight through muffler because I want to tone it down. Would 3 inch mack back 1/2 be a bad idea?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of power gains should one see with a glass pack style muffler over a chambered muffler.
Im looking to run 700RWH and would like to keep the car quiet. I dont want to run a straight through muffler because I want to tone it down. Would 3 inch mack back 1/2 be a bad idea?
In my opinion it will sound like a truck with chambered mufflers.

A straight through muffler will offer the least back pressure...

For the power level your talking about id say straight through and don't look back...this coming from first hand experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts