Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have a set of 255/50/r16's mt drag radials and i want to know what the best anyone has 60 with these tires on ponys or 16in rims

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yes, It's horrible I know. But getting 500lbs of torque down through a T5 is not an easy task. I found for me leaving at idle then rolling into the throttle proved best results. When I tried launching at 2-3k it cut 2.00-2.32 60's. Also you have to slip the clutch and not shock the tire, as it will spin. The drag radials are stiff and do not wrinkle like a full slick.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im sorry im not bashing your times. i just went to the track this past weekend with my car and i have the same tires. the best i could get was a 1.91 through 60. dont have a single suspension mod the car is as suspension stock as a new one was in 1991

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats awsome great numbers. i am only seeing 9lbs of boost right at 6k were i have ahip in my btm im going to change the chip to 6200 and see what happens

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I went 1.51 in my coupe with the turbo motor in it. That was leaving off the brake at 2800 with 1.5lbs of boost. Anymore than that, and it would to its best top fueler impression.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my car has a c4 with a hughes 10in 3800 stall. im still learning how to launch on these tires i have only 4 passes on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts