1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
574 Posts
From what Pobst says in the interview, a set of springs and shocks would put the Mustang ahead of the M3 on the track.

I'm hoping the Boss 302 is priced at 30k as has been rumored. Then I just need the wifey to agree to it and find a dealer willing to part with one at the right price.

Alot of if's, but I'm hoping.

·
Registered
739 Posts
From what Pobst says in the interview, a set of springs and shocks would put the Mustang ahead of the M3 on the track.

I'm hoping the Boss 302 is priced at 30k as has been rumored. Then I just need the wifey to agree to it and find a dealer willing to part with one at the right price.

Alot of if's, but I'm hoping.
No way will the Boss be the same price as a normal GT. There are way too many changes (changes that cost money). I hear tell (and would almost bet hard money) that it'll be between a GT and a GT500 on price.

·
Registered
574 Posts
No way will the Boss be the same price as a normal GT. There are way too many changes (changes that cost money). I hear tell (and would almost bet hard money) that it'll be between a GT and a GT500 on price.
Still holding out hope, if only based on what the commentators said during one of the Continental tire races. They acurately predicted the reveal date and launch announcments and said it was starting in the low 30s (which is slightly above a GT). As long as it starts below $36k (the torque sensing diff and Recaros are optional), I'd be cool with that, anything much above that and it'd be the basest GT I could get with the Brembo upgrade.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
If you look at the article the GT they tested which had the Brembo brake option and 3:73 gears has an as tested price of $40,275!
Now that would be hard to price the new Boss under the price of a fully setup GT.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you look at the article the GT they tested which had the Brembo brake option and 3:73 gears has an as tested price of $40,275!
Now that would be hard to price the new Boss under the price of a fully setup GT.
They said they got every possible option aside from the glass roof (for obvious reasons) in order to jack the price up. If you skip all the fancy electronic jazz it's considerably less for just 3.73s and Brembos.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Stock GT with 3.73 gear and Brembo brake option, and throw a set of Bilstein's on it.
I'd not do 3.73's, or Bilstein's, but otherwise I'm with ya. :)

·
Registered
739 Posts
They said they got every possible option aside from the glass roof (for obvious reasons) in order to jack the price up. If you skip all the fancy electronic jazz it's considerably less for just 3.73s and Brembos.
My car stickered @ $35,390 (or so I recall). Premium Rapid Spec 400A w/Brembo (no 3.73, standard 3.31). Add a few hundred for the gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts