Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the msd cops? I was looking into the streetfire ones, are they equal to or better than motorcraft oem? Are the street fires better than the blaster coils? It's a TT 04 cobra motor making some power. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,232 Posts
explain better.

the motocraft are designed for your ignition system, and are designed to delivery sufficient energy and reliability for your vehicle.

what does MSD offer?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have seen the Motorcraft replacement coils out perform any and all aftermarket coils. I run a 10:1 comp. 3V mod motor with 20lb of boost and meth. This car makes 700 at the tires on stock coils.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the motorcraft coils I tested my motorcraft coils after I had breaking up with higher boost and the primary and secondary both fell within spec but I borrowed my brothers coils out of his 04 cobra and the problem cleared and she runs great with the new ones. The suspect coils were only acting up in high boost and tested within spec. If I disclosed this info do you think they would be ok to sell? Yes they do hold up to well over the hp you stated :) with 2-m15 on #7. thanks guys.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dynotune- I'm guessing that is a supercharged setup to only be making 700 with that motor/boost? Not trying to be rude just curious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would use the motorcraft coils, I tried the MSD street fire stuff and its just garbage, in a sense you get what you payed for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts