Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys building full boost using the MSD Dig 6 2 step? I played with the timing retard settings and it dosnt seem to help. I can only build about 3lbs at 3k RPMS.

How are the dials on the box used?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I had my 2step set at 2700 last year on the footbrake (auto) and got 5-7lbs of boost. No timing retard or advance

Mallory 685 box but shouldn't matter.

Not sure how it will work with your car - you have a manual correct?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But the other kids are doing it @ 3500 rpms. And yes if they jump off a bridge I'm jumping too, lol.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
But the other kids are doing it @ 3500 rpms. And yes if they jump off a bridge I'm jumping too, lol.

LMAO !

I was set at 3500, pulling like 4* and hit 10 psi.. I cant remember the dials but they are just like the 2step. turn to the right and its higher rpm / pulling more timing lol lol

its going to be "harder" for you (and ponyboy lol) to build boost like us kids are doing it lol the kids are running smaller turbos 60-62mm vs 67mm, smaller intercoolers qt's are nice and big, plus most are STOCK motors...

also its about TOTAL timing while on 2step with a tune Im SURE your timing is different then mine with stock ecm lol

set it to 5500 rpm and see what she does lol

·
Registered
864 Posts
from what ive read, with a stick shift, you want to retard the timing while on the two step. some people run as low as 0* total timing and an afr of 11.5 when the two step is activated between 0-3000rpm to build boost on the two step. but thats just what ive read. i run an auto tranny so i crank my timing up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts