Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is it time for a motor plate and a mid plate? I got some solid motor mounts that are supposed to be good for 1k. Also what do you do with the timing cover when you do the motor plate? i was thinking that you had to run a belt drive?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Exactly, the motor plate runs between the water pump and timing cover. Its always a great idea to run a plate as its four more points that tie the chassis together.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
If your worried just add a front motor plate to what you have thats what I have done so the car will be ready for a new motor some time in the future .

·
Registered
360 Posts
im subscribing id like to hear some more opinions on this.

what are some more benefits of motor plates. is it just another thing to keep the motor from moving?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys i still have a mechanical water pump is that an issue?? also what about a mid plate? does it go on the back side of the bellhousing or where the block plate used to go?? Pics are great !! Thanks would a few more poeple post them up thanks :joy::joy:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks guys i still have a mechanical water pump is that an issue?? also what about a mid plate? does it go on the back side of the bellhousing or where the block plate used to go?? Pics are great !! Thanks would a few more poeple post them up thanks :joy::joy:
Here's a few pics:

Motor plate and mid plate for a Ford motor:

Motor plate and mid plate for Chevy motor:

In the final two pics, notice the bar on the passenger side that goes from the original motor mount hole on the block to the chassis...that's an engine limiter. Its good to add one of those when going mid/motor plate. Mid/Motor plate are good about preventing movement of the motor from left to right; but, because they are thin...the motor can still move (easily) front to back. An engine limiter prevents back/forward movement.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Skiiny Kid Race Cars sells the best motor and mid plates. You can get them as a kit with the directions on how to mount them and there made for a foxbody not just a universal plate that you have to cut. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Skiiny Kid Race Cars sells the best motor and mid plates. You can get them as a kit with the directions on how to mount them and there made for a foxbody not just a universal plate that you have to cut. Well worth the money.
x2.....comp engineering, u will def have to cut and grind, to make it fit like it should...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts